Columbus Racing Slideshow

sol740

Been wanting to check out animoto, so I randomly grabbed shots that popped up on the main forum page. Pretty cool for an automated site, but it cost me $3.00, oh well.

Remixed Version: http://animoto.com/play/reuQmT8SAdI1ogW8pVQjYg?autostart=true

Original: http://animoto.com/play/V5WbMphDsKSGq065BBe4zA?autostart=true

Edited by sol740

I wish I could take more credit for it to be honest. LOL. I do play around with video editing, which is why I wanted to see what how animoto worked cause I had heard good things, as far as simplicity goes. Its pretty dummy-proof simple, you upload, arrange or auto arrange, add subtitles if wanted, or text-slides. After you setup the pics you select a music track and thats about it. All the animation/transition is done on their end.

Can I add that to the main CR page?

Of course.

Sorry folks, I randomly grabbed the pics by simply reloading the main page. The only time I bothered to search was if the pic I grabbed first was poor quality, or small. Then I usually just hit "next picture" and went from there.

Very cool. :cool:

Only criticism (and may be more a pet peeve of mine than anything): in the opening, I don't think it should say "Central Ohio." Instead, it should just say "Columbus."

The term "Central Ohio" is way too generic and waters down Columbus. Chicago isn't Northern Illinois and New York City isn't Eastern New York. Yeah, Columbus isn't Chicago and it isn't New York City, but it'll never be perceived as anything more than the middle of Ohio if we keep referring to it as such.

Just my two cents. And I really don't want to detract from what you did, which is fantastic.

Very cool. :cool:

Only criticism (and may be more a pet peeve of mine than anything): in the opening, I don't think it should say "Central Ohio." Instead, it should just say "Columbus."

The term "Central Ohio" is way too generic and waters down Columbus. Chicago isn't Northern Illinois and New York City isn't Eastern New York. Yeah, Columbus isn't Chicago and it isn't New York City, but it'll never be perceived as anything more than the middle of Ohio if we keep referring to it as such.

Just my two cents. And I really don't want to detract from what you did, which is fantastic.

I hardly "did" anything. LOL. I do actually agree with you to a certain extent, but the reason I used "Central" was just because so many of us (myself included) don't technically live in Columbus, but around it. In the remixed version I am putting the "Columbus Racing" text in the first text panel, and moving the "central ohio" to the end.

NEW LINK IN FIRST POST