GM to kill Corvette?!?!?!?!

RedRocket1647545505

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go that far, but you have the economy in the shitter your about to go bankrupt I mean how many people can really afford 60-100+k car depending on options. its a smart move by gm.

I agree. It's a smart move if it's going to save the company. But it still makes me :(.

Vehicles: 01 cadilac sts

Join date? check.

Occupation? check.

Car? check.

Post count? check.

Yep. Your opinion means shit.

This post is like a win sandwich. It has wheat win with winologna, wineese, and is topped with winettuce in with a light win sauce.

yeah, worked in the plant for a year and a half. cool things about corvettes, everyone they build is sold already, whether it be a dealership or private seller. Yes, they are working two weeks and are laid off two weeks, but the line will continue to run, and plus when they released the ZR1 for sale, they sold out of the first 2 1/2 years worth of them.

want to see some cool shots

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/brian-preston/Corvette/DSC06190.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/brian-preston/Corvette/DSC06192.jpg

yea these shots are back behind the plant and are the first 12 prototype ZR1 were built on the line way back in december of 07... ... these vets will never see a seller, they are just the MVB test cars. if u need corvette scoop let me know i fill ya in

If there sold already, why do dealerships have them for sale on the lots? Wouldnt they go straight to the owner? Maybe a portion but all? I want to see the corvette come down to around $15,000 new. My tax dollars bailed them out I want to be able to afford one. Is there any real reason they are so uch more expensive than say a kia? The parts are all made the same way or at least can be made to do so. Fuck the demand so we raise the price bullshit.
  • Confused 1

Not everyone is a Vette fan, but BS aside, the C6 is a damn good car and "NO" I don't own/drive one. If GM kills the Vette, and I find it hard to believe they would, they will have an uprising. I'd be willing to bet more people own Vettes in the USA then voted for Obama! :D

What surprised me was GM taking Pontiac (pseudo "Sport" division with the G8 and Solstice) out and keeping GMC trucks. Seems they could have much easier kept Pontiac and rebadeged GMC as Chevy, but I guess Pontiac sales were pretty dismal.

Hang on!

Feff

We will be down in Bowling Green, KY this weekend so we will have to see what the word is down there. Dealers are all talk about the new GT1 and Grand-sport editions coming out soon (Still C6-based) and just talked like the only uncertainty was when the C7 would be coming out.

Jeff