Computer Hardware Question

wagner

When a tube monitor starts to go bad are random horizontal lines a sign? I just reinstalled windows on my desktop and now all of the sudden the monitor started this.

There are no lines when I first fire it up and use it but then all of the sudden they start to appear.

The computer has a newer vid card I just installed back in Jan. and this is a Dell XPS system.

Unplug and plug in the monitor wire on both sides. If that doesn't work try a new monitor. I can also give you some random CRT monitors. I have like 5 sitting in my basement.

try a different crt monitor. if it does the same thing you know its your video card. if it doesnt. then problem solved. i was getting severe artifacting out of my last card because my motherboard was too old for it. upgraded and everything works nicely =)

Will do maybe we can take my old monitor and throw it on one of those tardz at Kroger?

You missed the fun when the kid tried to hit on my wife in front of me and Benner. It was classic stupid.

I should be there tomorrow.