TWC - Still has areas with only basic cable.

Akula

WTF? I get an offer in the mail today, Digital Cable, RR, Phone. I call and say I want it, "sorry we only have basic cable in your area".

Since they have stopped investing in new technology and expanding their network, should I assume they will never come out this way?

Tell them that since they can't reach you with digital and HD programming that you know satellite TV can.

yeah, cause they're going to drop all that money to get service lines run out to him instead of losing a customer for ~$100/month.

Actually I am not the only person out here with this problem. There are about 25 houses, all with Satellite and EVDO for Internet. That would equate to about $100/month minimum revenue for them. I don't know that I would pass up on $2500/month, even if the install costs were $30,000 or more. Couple that with the parallel roads out here that have the same problem....

I cannot get the for false advertising because there is a tiny line that says "some services not available in all areas".

Did you talk to some one else there?I called in to get it and they said I couldn't get it.I said both my neighbors have it did you skip my house for some reason?They put me on hold and came back on and signed me up.

Actually I am not the only person out here with this problem. There are about 25 houses, all with Satellite and EVDO for Internet. That would equate to about $100/month minimum revenue for them. I don't know that I would pass up on $2500/month, even if the install costs were $30,000 or more. Couple that with the parallel roads out here that have the same problem....

I cannot get the for false advertising because there is a tiny line that says "some services not available in all areas".

There where your math is way off. Cable companies has an insane amount of overhead. Programming costs (which are insane), equipment costs, staffing, etc are pricey. Add to that, your 30k estimate is likely one or two zero's low (depends on what all would be involved...but think more like 300k to 3 million).

If Time Warner found it profitable to replace their plant to provide you more services, do you think they wouldn't do it?

The overhead is a fix cost in their operation. Plant investments are CAPEX so they can write off depreciation. Just seems to me they could easily invest the money, but what do I know.