Manny Ramirez Busted

SpaceGhost

http://espn.go.com/

Major League Baseball announced Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games for violating its drug policy.

Ramirez's test result was first reported by The Los Angeles Times.

Scott Boras, Ramirez's agent, told ESPN's Peter Gammons that his client did not test positive for steroids, but for a drug that was prescribed by a doctor for a medical condition.

Triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul has been told by the Dodgers that he will be promoted later today, according to The Times. Ramirez would be eligible to return to the Dodgers' lineup for their July 3 game against San Diego.

In his first full season as a Dodger, Ramirez is batting .348 with six home runs and 20 RBIs. Los Angeles has bolted to a 21-8 record -- best in the majors -- and a 13-0 record at home that set the modern major league record for home winning streak to start a season.

The report of a Ramirez positive test is the second to rock the sport in three months. In February, New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez admitted that he used steroids from 2001-2003 while with the Texas Rangers.

+1.

Omar Visquel...now THERE is an ex-Tribe player I respect!

yes. i think he's hit like 3 grand slams in his life (maybe...it cant be much...he wasnt a big hitter), and i was at one of the games he did it. my dad's side of the family is from NE ohio, and my grandma is the big baseball fan. shes got baseballs signed by the whole team when it was albert bell, kenny lofton, jim thome, omar, carlos baerga, etc, and another one signed by bob feller.

albert bell, kenny lofton, jim thome, omar, carlos baerga, etc, and another one signed by bob feller.

I stopped watching baseball after all of these guys you mentioned left Cleveland. Manny is trying to persuade Thome to come back to Cleveland with him to finish out their careers. :rolleyes:

Baseball is gay. Everyone of em does it, fuck it, just let em go nuts with it and see what kind of monsters we can make.

Not saying you are a football fan but its not like its any different there.

No roids in hockey. That's all I watch. Or well... really any drug incidences for that matter.

I wouldnt go that far. I think there are some influences of drugs in every sport, even hockey. Have you ever seen an 18 year old first round draft pick? they look like little kids b/c they are, yet in less than a year MAYBE a year and a half their professional athletes. Im not accusing everyone Im just saying that just b/c we dont hear about it in the news doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

I hate how the government is trying to intervene in the steroids/baseball conflict. Why not just make mandatory government testing for all pro sports right? why not add professional body building to that list right? fucking rediculous. you cant expect these guys to play at there highest levels and not want every competitive edge they can get and then turn around and act shocked when they used steroids.

/Rant

I stopped watching baseball after all of these guys you mentioned left Cleveland. Manny is trying to persuade Thome to come back to Cleveland with him to finish out their careers. :rolleyes:

i miss jim thome.

i need to get up to my grandmas for a weekend this summer and catch a couple games.

since i was home yesterday and watching ESPN, i was pretty pissed to see it ALL FUCKING DAY LONG! wtf... this is putting such a black eye on baseball, and frankly i dont even care about it anymore. im so over this steriod shit... let them all play on roids for fucks sake.

It sucks that his happened. Now sportscenter is even more lame. You wont be able to watch without hearing about this or farve. I cannot wait for football to come back. Baseball is the worse sport in the entire world. At the level of the WNBA.