MRI

Dr. Apex

I'm sure plenty of people on here have had these before, I just got back from my first one.

Talk about the creepiest sounding machine I've ever heard!! Also though I don't consider myself claustrophobic it sure as hell made me tense as fuck being in that tight little space, I had to really focus on being relaxed and keep my eyes closed the whole time. I didn't realize I was going to have to be in there for half an hour too.

I hope I never have to have one of those again.....not fun for me at all.

I'm sure plenty of people on here have had these before, I just got back from my first one.

Talk about the creepiest sounding machine I've ever heard!! Also though I don't consider myself claustrophobic it sure as hell made me tense as fuck being in that tight little space, I had to really focus on being relaxed and keep my eyes closed the whole time. I didn't realize I was going to have to be in there for half an hour too.

Riverside has Sirius you can listen to while you get one, I just listened to Howard when I had one for me Knee.

I had radio to listen to, but it doesn't drown out the noise but a long shot. By the end I was semi comfortable, just really freakish at first and then keeping my eyes closed.

Adam, it's probably a mixed bag as the noise I'm sure is intimidating but being small probably makes it not too bad a tight space.

I had radio to listen to, but it doesn't drown out the noise but a long shot. By the end I was semi comfortable, just really freakish at first and then keeping my eyes closed.

Adam, it's probably a mixed bag as the noise I'm sure is intimidating but being small probably makes it not too bad a tight space.

You had a Head CT? That would be quite different than mine with just my lower half of my body in the machine.

I had to get one a few years ago when I came back from deployment. It took 45 minutes. I was in feet first up to my shoulders. 35 minutes into it and pissed the fuck off, I pulled myself out. They came running in and tried to get me to go back in. I said I'm done, find another way to get your info on me. That noise did nothing but make me mad. These guys were trying to see what was wrong and if I was ok. I said I'm fine. I'm leaving.

The bad:

I couldn't get the image of a casket closing on a soldier out of my head.

Fuck MRI's, Shit gets to me.

Edited by Mojoe

I've had many head CTs and MRIs lately for the tumor in my brain. The trick is to have a washcloth over your eyes before they put the cage on. It helped me greatly. I could see down the tube but not directly up.

The Sirius was awesome too. The MRI I was in at Riverside didn't have Howard 101 on it though Spaceghost. I asked to listen to Bubba but the station was blocked.

Riverside has Sirius you can listen to while you get one, I just listened to Howard when I had one for me Knee.

I should have had mine done there...I was stuck listening to some lame local crap...luckily I half dozed off during it.

I hate them I feel the same way when they look at my head.

I service them so I am around them all the time. The technology is bad ass. We installed a new 1T open at Southwest Health Center in Grove City. It is more more confortable to be in and images just as good or better than a cylindrical magnet. Southwest is a part of OhioHeath so the same Radioligist and Neuro Doctors read the scans as Riverside. I don't really enjoy being scanned in by the way.

I service them so I am around them all the time. The technology is bad ass. We installed a new 1T open at Southwest Health Center in Grove City. It is more more confortable to be in and images just as good or better than a cylindrical magnet. Southwest is a part of OhioHeath so the same Radioligist and Neuro Doctors read the scans as Riverside. I don't really enjoy being scanned in by the way.

I think I might have been apart of that project. How long ago was it?

I think I might have been apart of that project. How long ago was it?

Spring 2008 is when we installed it. One year warranty is up June 9th. The was a ton of work.The whole room was gutted and a new RF cage installed with completely new interior.

You had a Head CT? That would be quite different than mine with just my lower half of my body in the machine.

Right shoulder, so I was about 75% in. Far enough I couldn't see out at all as I was in head first. I actually freaked when they first slid me in and they had to pull me out and give me a minute to calm down, I surprised myself as I've been in tight spaces before and not had trouble but this for some reason freaked me out. The noise didn't bother me at all.

Psht, all of you guys had it easy. Try taking a stress test while in one. Its literally, and physically impossible to sleep when there's artificial adrenaline pumping into your IV to spike your heart rate. Needless to say I was in head first down to my waste and my heart was pounding the whole time while listening to the morning zoo.

I dont know what drug they used to calm me down but that almost made me vomit immediatly. Worst medical test of my life.