ATV Trails or Tracks in Central Ohio?

Bigg Slimm

Does anyone know of any good ATV trails or tracks in Central Ohio? I believe Honda Hills is still closed due to no insurance. I went to a place in Newark last weekend off of 79 north. It was a decent track but the trails could've been a little longer.

By the way, I ride a Yamaha Raptor 700R and a Suzuki LT-R450.

• 4 weeks later...

if you wanna hit up a track, Sunset Ramblers up in galion is a nice very quad friendly place. also if you quad guys need any parts,maintenance, or engine building, just let me know. my buddy owns ATV Unlimited and we just opened Balls Out Racing LLC which is our engine building/servicing business.

• 2 weeks later...

I take my ATV to several areas:

*** in Ohio :

1)Nelsonville/MondayCreek is one of two WayneNationalForest ATV/dirtbike areas - you need the 'State' sticker from the Ohio BMV, and the Wayne permit ($5 per day, or $25 annual).

2)Ironton/HangingRock is the other Wayne riding area - need same permits as above.

3)Perry State Forest in Perry County - needs 'State' sticker else you can get a $90 ticket from the forest Ranger. THIS place is the only place in Ohio where you can ride where ever you want - you do NOT have to stay on any trail - you can even make your own if you wish.

4)Pike State Forest in Pike County (south of Chillicothe) - need 'State' sticker.

5)Richland State Forest in Vinton County - needs 'State' sticker. This place has only a few miles of trail, and seems to be the least exciting place to ride.

*** out of Ohio:

A)BigRock,KY is near Maysville(on the Ohio River) - couple hr drive from Columbus,OH.

B)Hatfield-McCoy,WV - the MOST extreme trails I have ever riden!!! 5 hr drive from Columbus.

C)Harlan,KY near Evarts,KY - 6 hour drive from Columbus.

D)Badlands,IN near Attica,In - 5 hour drive from Columbus.

---Perry, and maybe Nelsonville, are as close as you are going to get to central Ohio. Im in CanalWinchester - its 45min to Perry or Nelsonville for me.

• 2 years later...

Here is my friends place, ask for Trent Walters

http://www.hockinghillsnaturetrails.com/

Ed Venture

www.edventureracing.com

Does anyone know of any good ATV trails or tracks in Central Ohio? I believe Honda Hills is still closed due to no insurance. I went to a place in Newark last weekend off of 79 north. It was a decent track but the trails could've been a little longer.

By the way, I ride a Yamaha Raptor 700R and a Suzuki LT-R450.

Edited by Ed Venture