My Jeep is the equivalent of a rape victim.

TheHaze

1. Take weeks vacation

2. Park as far out in parking lot as possible at work

3. Sit on roof of Lowes with high powered rifle

4. Profit

Yeah, I like that idea. At our dealership people started stealing the spares off of Libertys, Wranglers, and even a bald tire steel wheel on the back of a beat up trade in. I have thought about staying down here one night.

Some people will steal whatever, that sucks man.

I hate to bring this up, but it sounds like an inside job of sorts. I mean, come on, what are the chances you would get hit twice in such a short period at the same location?

Someone who works with you or one of their buddies? Perhaps when your wheel fell off they were in the process of taking it and got spooked?

Call me a skeptic, but it sounds fishy to me. Good luck catching them.

I hate to bring this up, but it sounds like an inside job of sorts. I mean, come on, what are the chances you would get hit twice in such a short period at the same location?

Someone who works with you or one of their buddies? Perhaps when your wheel fell off they were in the process of taking it and got spooked?

Both times, the respective officer who showed up told me he had 2+ other calls along Sawmill Rd for either a missing spare or doors being stolen. Could be an inside job, but I'm leaning towards it not.

Both times, the respective officer who showed up told me he had 2+ other calls along Sawmill Rd for either a missing spare or doors being stolen. Could be an inside job, but I'm leaning towards it not.

don't think there aren't rings of people with connections at more than one place. I mean, crime rings can be as organized as a small business easily.

back in college when I was selling cars locally, police busted two of our lot attendants and linked them to three other groups of people associated with other dealers in our area and down south. they were stealing items from used cars and custom vans.

Believe me, $80 for that tool is nothing when they're gonna keep stealing wheels with it till it wears out. Get a tire-carrier lock like one of these:

http://www.opentip.com/Sporting-Goods/Fulton-Spare-Tire-Carrier-Lock-Etcstl-p-673320.html

It's intended for a trailer spare, but I'm pretty sure you can make it work for your Jeep. It wouldn't keep anyone really determined from eventually getting your wheel, but I doubt your parking-lot thief is gonna want to take the time and make the noise necessary to get it off.

I somewhat agree. Sounds like you pissed someone off and they are slowly targeting you. Either by stealing stuff to cost you money and distress, or by loosening your lug nuts to cause your wheel to fall off at speed. The other incidents the cops speak of might be coincidence, or you could really be the victim of 3 separate occurrences.

Either way, I'd start being more diligent and vigilante with your property.