My Jeep is the equivalent of a rape victim.

TheHaze

So, "FML" can't even explain how I'm feeling right now. For those that don't remember, this happened a little over a month ago. It was a pain in the ass to take care of and I lost quite a lot of work hours and sleep because of it. Then, about two weeks ago, this happened. It pissed me off and I lost yet another day of work but I was safe and relieved that nothing else happened.

Fast forward until today; I was getting back from lunch with a friend and I gander over at my Jeep. Notice anything missing?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/mikehaze_2006/PIC_0008.jpg

If you guessed correctly, my spare wheel and tire is missing. Yes, it had a locking lug nut but that did not stop the dumb fuck from taking it.

I just fucking finished replacing lug nuts and doors and now this crap happens. :mad:

First of all, good lookin' jeep.

Secondly, where do you work that your shit is getting stolen in broad daylight? No parking lot cameras?

I THINK he mentioned something about Lowe's in dublin when his doors were stolen off of his jeep. Kinda looks like that area in the backround but cant tell for sure. Either way that fucking sucks sorry to hear about it mike. Is there any other way to lock the spare other than locking lug nuts? how did they get it off if they were locked?

Dude, your Jeep is marked. Park it, then sit behind some cover with a camera and a baseball bat. Catch the fuckers in the act and then beat the ever living shit out of them.

Wow, that fuckin sucks. I agree your shit may be marked. Having repeat thefts like that... I would hate being in your spot. Good luck!

The officer today told me a couple other Jeeps were "hit" along Sawmill road. :(

First of all, good lookin' jeep.

Secondly, where do you work that your shit is getting stolen in broad daylight? No parking lot cameras?

I work at the Lowe's in Dublin. Our cameras do not reach out to the back of the lot, but it wouldn't matter, because our lot is packed all to hell with cars on the weekend.

I THINK he mentioned something about Lowe's in dublin when his doors were stolen off of his jeep. Kinda looks like that area in the backround but cant tell for sure. Either way that fucking sucks sorry to hear about it mike. Is there any other way to lock the spare other than locking lug nuts? how did they get it off if they were locked?

The locking nuts require a specific "key" wrench to take them off. Either the thief happens to have a rare second key-wrench or he got them off in some unfathomable way.

The spare they stole is the wheel that fell off of my Jeep a couple weeks ago; I'm using the real spare right now. The holes on the stolen wheel are too fucked up to mount on to the studs correctly. If the thief tries to use it, it'll probably fall off again and hopefully kill him. Unfortunately, it'll probably be pawned and some unsuspecting buyer is going to have an unsafe wheel.

Man you have no luck with that Jeep. The problem is you have a vehicle that people want and there are always people looking for parts for them. I would start parking that thing in the front parking lot with the cameras on it. If management gives you crap, tell them you will once they install cameras in the back because twice you have had items stolen from your car.

Said thing is your doors and tire I am sure are quickly sold on Craigslist. Wrangler stuff sells pretty quickly there.

i know it sucks parking around anyone but id still park in front...they probably just park next to it and do thier business... at least up front there may be enough people walking to stop them. sucks big time tho :(

Wow... three hits. Hopefully that's all you get. :(

This quote comes to mind:

"In certain...extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. This, is punishment."

locking lug nut removers are common, so the locking lug nut only make theives take two trips 1st to try to get it, 2nd when they come back with the tool and take it!

I say if you find them run them over with your other 4 wheels!

The locking nuts require a specific "key" wrench to take them off. Either the thief happens to have a rare second key-wrench or he got them off in some unfathomable way.

Fyi, there are tools that are available to remove locking lugnuts without the key.

The one below is a flip socket that is basically a bolt remover.

I have a set and they work great on stripped lugs and locking lugnuts.

http://www.mactools.com/Product/tabid/120/productid/319176/variantid/309935/Default.aspx

oh and agreed I would park it up closer to the front of the lot. DId you get locks for hte doors?

I bought Tuffy hinge locks similar to this:

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep/images/037.jpg

Fyi, there are tools that are available to remove locking lugnuts without the key.

The one below is a flip socket that is basically a bolt remover.

I have a set and they work great on stripped lugs and locking lugnuts.

http://www.mactools.com/Product/tabid/120/productid/319176/variantid/309935/Default.aspx

Yes, I realize that it is not impossible to remove them. But you listed an $80 tool that a thief must purchase to attempt to remove a spare wheel that is not only heavy but in the middle of a busy day with hundreds of cars and people within eyesight of them.

Also, I moved the Jeep to the first row of the lot for the rest of the day. At Lowe's we have a big yellow line painted across the lot that policy says we must park behind. I informed my Operations manager that I will be disobeying that until either some form of security is provided for employees' property or until some form of retribution is taken. He was cool with it and he will support me when I talk to my regional manager and Loss Prevention personnel about everything that has happened.

The Jeep is the cheapest vehicle I have driven to work, yet it's cost me the most stress and money.