Firehead Studios, Tyler, whoever else...

Cordell

Well we could put an LS1 in it, you may just end up going through the one in the car. I'm not sure I want to work on a DSM, I only shop at Home Depot for the house. j/k

LOL, I'm really hoping I caught the problem early enough to avoid a new motor, and it would pain me to go through all the money and time to have just an NA 3.0 in it, so maybe something else. Possibly a 3.5 or TT motor....who knows, but I'm by no means rolling in cash.

And P.S. - IT'S NOT A DSM!!!! It was manufactured completely in Japan and shipped over thank you very much.

Edited by spankis

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I'm really hoping I caught the problem early enough to avoid a new motor, and it would pain me to go threw all the money and time to have just an NA 3.0 in it, so maybe something else. Possibly a 3.5 or TT motor....who knows, but I'm by no means rolling in cash.

And P.S. - IT'S NOT A DSM!!!! It was manufactured completely in Japan and shipped over thank you very much.

Well hell I don't know much about DSMs and aparently less then I thought. My bad. I'm not rolling in cash either trust me, there has been a shit ton of penny pinching at my house for the last 7 months.

I was supposed to read these books over the last 7 weeks but, I didn't. School can kiss my ass.

I told Rob I'm going to try to stop by the shop and check things out.

Let me know when you're going, we can totally say hi to each other then.

Well hell I don't know much about DSMs and aparently less then I thought. My bad. I'm not rolling in cash either trust me, there has been a shit ton of penny pinching at my house for the last 7 months.

you just bought a C6 you dopey chimp! Thats why!

LOL, I'm really hoping I caught the problem early enough to avoid a new motor, and it would pain me to go threw all the money and time to have just an NA 3.0 in it, so maybe something else. Possibly a 3.5 or TT motor....who knows, but I'm by no means rolling in cash.

Worst-case scenario happens let me know. I have the Billet 3.4L and complete 3.5L blocks in stock as well as Stage 1 and 2 TT short-blocks. My IPS CNC'd heads are in stock and on the shelf as well. I might even have a new Mitsubishi TT short-block in stock right now.

I have nothing used at the moment but if I get anything in good shape I will shoot you a PM :)

Jeff

Guest Removed
Worst-case scenario happens let me know. I have the Billet 3.4L and complete 3.5L blocks in stock as well as Stage 1 and 2 TT short-blocks. My IPS CNC'd heads are in stock and on the shelf as well. I might even have a new Mitsubishi TT short-block in stock right now.

I have nothing used at the moment but if I get anything in good shape I will shoot you a PM :)

Jeff

I'll give you a call if he decides to go that way. i have to figure where the noise is coming from first. have not had a chance to look at it just yet. only makes noise at around 2500 rpm, hot. and its more then just lifter noise, but on a quick inspection seemed to be loudest in the bell housing area, but i have not confirmed that just yet.

Jeff

Thanks a lot, I'd really really appreciate it.

I'll give you a call if he decides to go that way. i have to figure where the noise is coming from first. have not had a chance to look at it just yet. only makes noise at around 2500 rpm, hot. and its more then just lifter noise, but on a quick inspection seemed to be loudest in the bell housing area, but i have not confirmed that just yet.

Rob I've got exams tomorrow and Tuesday, so I'm going to bed, but I'll probably come by Tuesday evening. I somehow missed the Saturday get-together, I didn't even know it was going on. Like I said I've got the truck to drive in the mean time so no rush....I just hope I'm not looking at another summer without my car :(

Since this is the random thread. I'll mix in my randomness.

So I'm getting everything together to rebuild my block. I know this is an argument thats old as hell.. But is an iron 408 really that much better than an aluminum 402 (I'm thinking power to weight ratio)? Its going to be FI, and I'm looking to push just over 700rwhp. I'm trying to make enough power to be fast, but not enough to where I will have to freshen up everything every year... pocket friendly power ;)

Since this is the random thread. I'll mix in my randomness.

So I'm getting everything together to rebuild my block. I know this is an argument thats old as hell.. But is an iron 408 really that much better than an aluminum 402 (I'm thinking power to weight ratio)? Its going to be FI, and I'm looking to push just over 700rwhp. I'm trying to make enough power to be fast, but not enough to where I will have to freshen up everything every year... pocket friendly power ;)

There are many reasons i went with an iron block, strength, easier to work with, and lower cost to name a few. I could care less about the 80 pounds I added to the car. To each his own I guess.

Guest Removed
granted the aluminum is nice, but with thin metal backing(the sleeves) and the way aluminum flex's under high heat pressure, stick with the iron block if you want it to live. iron block isnt going to look stock, but i always like to think of durability in mind. hence why i choose a c-6 trans over the c-4. thet few extra 1/10's wasnt worth the extra breakage IMO.i mean, what are the high dollar LSX block made of?

granted the aluminum is nice, but with thin metal backing(the sleeves) and the way aluminum flex's under high heat pressure, stick with the iron block if you want it to live. iron block isnt going to look stock, but i always like to think of durability in mind. hence why i choose a c-6 trans over the c-4. thet few extra 1/10's wasnt worth the extra breakage IMO.i mean, what are the high dollar LSX block made of?

Iron