deals gap questions

thorne

Is there anywhere near by to rent something semi sporty? I really don't want to drive the subbie all the way there. My suv sucks and can't tow it or else i would.

Planning a trip for next month

My wife can't drive the subbie. I really don't think I'm up to the drive. I basicly would be the only one driving and that would suck. and it's LOUD

Well the plan is to goto the smokies and visit gatlinburg and goto deals gap

You can't drive ten hours? Pussy...Drive 5 hours,get a hotel,then drive the other five. Damn,what is the world coming to? When I was growing up we did road trips all the time, my dad would drive 15 hours all night whatever, sleep 3 and we'd be sightseeing bright and early.

:nono:

Or, teach the wife to drive stick? I taught my soon-to-be wife in a month, then taught her to ride a motorcycle and she got her endorsment.

But even then, I still drive on long trips, its just a guy thing.

Oh yeah, we're RIDING there on July 9th, going to make some stops on the way, sightseeing, but no trailer hitch on the car so we're just riding, stop complaining, you've got cruise control, AC and a stereo.

My wife is scared of the subbie . She does not like the clutch or how it takes off when it hits boost "she has not figured out that the lag doe snot mean floor it because if you do its going to take up and say hi.

I'm still contemplating the wife thinks i should take the subbie because she knows how bad i wanna do 129.

Blah traveling that far in the subbie just sounds like a suck. Any ideas what i could put in the trunk to quite it down?

Edited by Thorne

I dont recall any places that you could rent cars to do the dragon, but you may be able to go into a neighboring city and see.

one thing to consider tho, there are photographers on the dragon all day long and they post the photos of you driving through on their website and is the rental company saw this they wouldnt be happy.

its a Subaru....its made for this shit dude. It would be a real shame if you didnt drive it. Plus they are very easy cars to learn to drive. if it had 600awhp then itd be tough but 300 isnt too bad. Just doooooooo it.

Distance and being loud are not reasons to not take the car. It's not that bad of a drive. Once you get there, there really isn't much around you.

Take the suby or you will be there regreting not having it. If the wife has issues, she can ride or stay at the lodge. You will want the seat time and be happy you had it once you get back.

RX7 club went the weekend after Easter. I was suppose to go, but had to go back home for a family emergancy.

I don't see it happening for me this year. In 45 days I have a 74 day straight work schedual. FAWK!!!

No she's trying to get me to take it. I'm not going to ride on my 18's there though. there tread is less then optimal I rather take my all seasons. I can still have allot of fun on them as I've autocross them.

I'm also concerned since the tranny will be freshly put back together.

=======

Suggestions on things to take?

I was going to take some clamps in case i blow off a charge pipe.

Some extra oil just incase

change oil

I was going to try and line the trunk with a couple blankets to quite it down some. As for the subbies being easy to drive I 100% disagree with the clutch I've got. I've watched so many people stall my car trying to take off. It is not forgiving like i said.

Thorne, quit being a girl and drive your car.. it's not loud and you have nothing to worry about.

I took my VW and beat the shit out of it while I was there, and made it back without a single hiccup. If anything, taking a VW is much more of a risk than a Subie, lol. Even then, I made 43mpg on the way back after giving her a good flogging.. it's good for the car every once and a while!

If you have this many concerns, just drive to Hocking hills. Everything you mentioned is what many people drive their car with every time. I have a bag of tools, zip ties, tape, fuse's, clamps, coolant, oil, gloves, and towels.

you bring what you need.

If you have this many concerns, just drive to Hocking hills. Everything you mentioned is what many people drive their car with every time. I have a bag of tools, zip ties, tape, fuse's, clamps, coolant, oil, gloves, and towels.

you bring what you need.

I dont leave the state in my car without loading my smaller 300lb box of tools and goodies.

I'm going to attempt to teach the wife to drive a stick. It sucks because the subbies clutch is far from forgiving :(

I'd like to see how it compares to the MS3. Mine is either on or off and the engagement point is so thin even I am not entirely happy with it.

I'd like to see how it compares to the MS3. Mine is either on or off and the engagement point is so thin even I am not entirely happy with it.

+1, and the pedal is SOOO light you almost can't feel it. At least IMO.