Boat/Water sports crew come in.

Stimmel1647545512

I will be leaving the camping area the 29th. I'm sure I will be on the water more the following weekend. Well, probably every weekend until the baby gets here in August. Then it will be less I'm sure.

No, I never did. With everything you have had to deal with going on lately, I didn't want you to have to worry about this too. Thanks anyway, you know I do appreciate it.

The wife said she will be fine with the tent. We have a huge raised air bed anyway and a big 3 room tent that goes up in about 5 minutes. So it's not like we will be sleeping right on the ground.

Dude all you had to do was say something. I have been just sitting at the house doing nothing for a month. I could have opened it and seen if any damage occured over the winter. I could of had it all cleaned up by now. You should have just asked.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude all you had to do was say something. I have been just sitting at the house doing nothing for a month. I could have opened it and seen if any damage occured over the winter. I could of had it all cleaned up by now. You should have just asked.

I know and I know you would have had it ready. But, I also know you and you would have gone above and beyond and you don't need to be doing that stuff right now. Really man, its no big deal. This is how I have camped my whole life, its no big thing.

Out earlier on dads cruiser, having a dock is nice.

Sold the Skater last week, getting a mild blower motor together for the Baja.

In for the wednesday night thing this year.

Are you going to be out any next week? If so, come over and say hi.

On the blower motor - is it going to be BBC or SBC? If you are selling your old motor let me know...I may want a few things...MSD...Heads....Etc :cool:

Are you going to be out any next week? If so, come over and say hi.

On the blower motor - is it going to be BBC or SBC? If you are selling your old motor let me know...I may want a few things...MSD...Heads....Etc :cool:

SBC, but everything except the MSD box will be new. ProCharger, and EFI, looking for 550hp with a 700rpm idle.

One head is FUBAR'd thanks to my expert engine guy punching a hole through when porting them. The guts are good, Crane hyd roller springs good for 600 lift, manley 2.02/1.60 valves, ARP 7/16 studs, 1.6 roller rockers.

Ill do a package deal for everything if you want... My cash is low at the moment... ;)

And I'm sure I can find a few hours to hit the lake next week.

17' Sea Ray I/O Bowrider.

We use it a lot. Due to the house closing this Friday, I haven't taken it out yet. I will grab it and bring it to the new house from where I keep it Friday, and probably have it out next week. Last year we were out 1-3 times a week.

I have my new Wakeboard (2 last season, new one for this season) that I am pumped to try out. Our condo is only 3 minutes from the Griggs boat ramp, and luckily our new house is only 4-5 minutes from O'Shaughnessy. Didn't get to tube a lot last year due to not being allowed to tube on Griggs or O'Shaughnessy, but since Alumn Creek will be a short drive, we may hit that up during the week to have some fun on the tubes too.

I saw a new wakeboard kite that looks sick in Overton's, but don't have a 1k to blow on something like that. Maybe next year. :D 30' on a wakeboard sounds fun / dangerous!

Anyone that came out with us last year knows my ski but a shitty pic for those who dont.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk251/XChris1632X/Random/4e0b_3.jpg

Its nickname is the sphincter splitter cause after my brother threw his GF off she bled from her asshole and vag for almost a month. Needless to say they aren't together anymore.

I have 3 but this is the big boy. With all the parts I have ordered this month + a couple more I still have to order I should have no problem flirting with the 80mph club. I still have to buy new injectors, IC, and 15/20 prop. I have learned a whole lot about these ski's and the motors and I am def not looking forward to the hours I am going to have to put in to tune this thing. They are very finicky when you start throwing certain mods at them and they will want to ride the rev limiter hard. Tuning the prop to keep RPM's at 8100 is key and is also time consuming.

Was out on Alum for most of this afternoon on my waverunners. They're 97 Yamahas - one's a GP760 the other is a Waveventure 760. Not the fastest skis (top speed is 55 on the screen so probably high 40's GPS) but plenty of go for me. We even went waterskiing this afternoon.

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=f610ee11c0&view=att&th=1211bb53166ff4ff&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_fufm9w990&zw

Alum was fairly silent today aside from the jetskiier we had to rescue. He was riding an older Yamaha 650 that had taken on a ton of water and was 75% submerged. His 7 year old son was keeping pretty chill as the ship sank, but his dad was definitely (and appropriately!) concerned. When he pulled it out, the engine bay was completely flooded. Turns out he didn't realize that skis have "plugs" just like larger boats. Whoops.

Thinking of waterskiing, I'm not sure about Ohio's rules on towing with a jetski. My skis have mirrors, but do I still need a spotter riding on the back? Today I was towing without a spotter, and never had trouble watching the skiier. Just trying to avoid being thrown off the water by the DNR. I've never owned a boat before....

Thinking of waterskiing, I'm not sure about Ohio's rules on towing with a jetski. My skis have mirrors, but do I still need a spotter riding on the back? Today I was towing without a spotter, and never had trouble watching the skiier. Just trying to avoid being thrown off the water by the DNR. I've never owned a boat before....

Yes you have to have a spotter whether in a boat or on a ski. Its da lawl!

And your skiier counts toward the maximum capacity limits if that makes sense (you gotta have a 3 person jet ski).

Good to know about the regulations. Fortunately, one of them is a 3 person. Glad nobody noticed us screwing around today.