4L60s are the ghey

Cordell

Rutan and I have gone over the tune, there are a few other things I want to try before I condemn this tranny. However it was working with the trans tuned this way last year, idk it's worth trying.

A big thanks to Rutan for the friendly advice, we'll just have to see what happens.

betting a burnt band is the issue..... or clutchs.. time for a real built trans

Cahall Performance Transmission. 302-250-1202. He probably won't answer the phone but he'll return your call if you want to do business. He builds a mean 4L60 and has great prices. I think $1600 will get you a fully built tranny if I remember right. The down side is its in Newark, DE but for that kind of money, it is worth it. Plus he has a customer refresh service for $250 + hard parts. I got mine built there and it felt great until my transcooler line blew off on a road trip causing 4th gear to go out of it. He's rebuilding it again as we speak.

http://www.cahallperformancetransmissions.com/

Michael

Cahall Performance Transmission. 302-250-1202. He probably won't answer the phone but he'll return your call if you want to do business. He builds a mean 4L60 and has great prices. I think $1600 will get you a fully built tranny if I remember right. The down side is its in Newark, DE but for that kind of money, it is worth it. Plus he has a customer refresh service for $250 + hard parts. I got mine built there and it felt great until my transcooler line blew off on a road trip causing 4th gear to go out of it. He's rebuilding it again as we speak.

http://www.cahallperformancetransmissions.com/

Michael

Oh, you mean like the Cahall Performance 4L65E that lasted 17 passes that is sitting in my garage. The same Cahall that wouldn't return my phone calls over a period of three weeks and I finally gave up?

Yeah Scott, have a tranny built by this guy :rolleyes:

Oh, you mean like the Cahall Performance 4L65E that lasted 17 passes that is sitting in my garage. The same Cahall that wouldn't return my phone calls over a period of three weeks and I finally gave up?

I wouldn't warranty second hand trans either :p

I have someone I trust to build the tranny, I just wish I'd have had more money the last time it was out, then maybe I wouldn't be dealing with this.

welcome to my world scott :)

Yeah tell me about it, I'm thinking of going the th-400 route. Fuck it, bet it won't break. Old school FTW!

I've heard of a few other guys that were unhappy with their cahall trans as well. If I get one, it'll likely be built by RPM Transmissions.

Hmm...I was unaware anybody around here was using Cahall trannys. He is definately terrible about returning phone calls but everyone else I've seen on fbody forums has had nothing but good things to say about the transmissions.

Anthony, what are you currently doing for a transmission? If you broke it, I probably will too.

ND2RACE who do you trust around here to build a 4L60e?

I called HardShift in Johnstown and they wouldn't even give me a quote because he said there was no way he could get a 4L60 to hold up to 450 hp, let alone 750.

I've heard of a few other guys that were unhappy with their cahall trans as well. If I get one, it'll likely be built by RPM Transmissions.

You beat me to it. RPM Transmissions is the way to go. Just ask all of the guys/customers from IPS that have used them. I had my T-56 beefed up this year by them and it shifts like a dream. Tommy at IPS has a built tranny from them in his TBSS and it shifts hard at the track and holds the 6xx rwtq that he has thrown at it. The vette guys ran built 60's at first as well. RPM is very quick at getting them done as well.

Hmm...I was unaware anybody around here was using Cahall trannys. He is definately terrible about returning phone calls but everyone else I've seen on fbody forums has had nothing but good things to say about the transmissions.

Anthony, what are you currently doing for a transmission? If you broke it, I probably will too.

I called HardShift in Johnstown and they wouldn't even give me a quote because he said there was no way he could get a 4L60 to hold up to 450 hp, let alone 750.

One of my Dad's friends works for brown transmission in Newark. He'll put together anything I want. He doesn't specialize in performance, but he has been doing trannys forever and knows what he's doing. The tranny in my Camaro held up to all the abuse I could throw at it last year, but there towards the end after running some bigger shots of nitrous it didn't feel as crisp, I guess it really was starting to go.

It was a refreshed tranny when I bought it, shifted amazingly hard. I now run a RPM Level V 4L65E that is doing very well. Cahall can kiss my ass.

You beat me to it. RPM Transmissions is the way to go. Just ask all of the guys/customers from IPS that have used them. I had my T-56 beefed up this year by them and it shifts like a dream. Tommy at IPS has a built tranny from them in his TBSS and it shifts hard at the track and holds the 6xx rwtq that he has thrown at it. The vette guys ran built 60's at first as well. RPM is very quick at getting them done as well.

See above.

So I found some mysterious tranny fluid inder the car a few days ago, and since I've been driving it without 2nd gear (fuck it) I drove it to work today. Got it up on the rack, and it would seem that since the torque arm mount and trans mount are wet and the tail seal and pan aren't, I guess the tail housing might just be cracked. Pinion seal is dumping gear oil. Fuck this car, I'm getting tired of this shit.

/rant, back to penny pinching, side work anyone?

So I found some mysterious tranny fluid inder the car a few days ago, and since I've been driving it without 2nd gear (fuck it) I drove it to work today. Got it up on the rack, and it would seem that since the torque arm mount and trans mount are wet and the tail seal and pan aren't, I guess the tail housing might just be cracked. Pinion seal is dumping gear oil. Fuck this car, I'm getting tired of this shit.

/rant, back to penny pinching, side work anyone?

That sucks :( Walk away from it for a few days.