Two check light issues.

ponyjr1647545514

Over the last few weeks my mustang's check engine light has came on. I pulled the codes reading "CODE 1 engine bank 1 too lean", "CODE 2 engine bank 2 too lean". The car runs great, idles fine, starts fine. It does not run too hot, and is full on coolant. The only thing i can think of is that my O2 senors are going bad, or the car just doesn't like my CAI and exhaust. Oh ya it seems that the car is getting great gas mileage because I'm only at 1/2 tank but have driven over 270 miles on it. I normally get about 305 miles to a tank.

Issue number two

I have a 2002 jeep TJ sport with the 4.0l inline six. The air bag light comes on and beeps randomly while I'm driving it, then a few minutes latter it will turn off. I have tried disconnecting the Battery over night to see if that changes anything but didn't.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Edited by ponyjr
forgot something

What year Mustang is it? The 05 and ups are really sensitive to airflow changes across the maf. The other thing to check for would be leaks in the intake after the maf. That would cause both banks to read lean.

I wont be in the shop tomorrow but if you want to swing by on Wednesday, we can scan the Jeep for you for the airbag code.

in the jeep you need to changed the clock spring it goes between the steering wheel and the colum you can buy it at napa reasonable

if you are showing lean on both banks on the mustang you have a vacuum leak or a weak fuel pump almost for sure just in case both o2's did die at the same time get it on a scanner and watch the oxygen sensors and make sure they are switching and not pegged

Guest tbutera2112

+1 on clock spring, thats what was wrong with my old f150 remember?

and it sounds like your 02 sensors are going bad...

the fuel pump is brand new dave

check the fuel pressure anyway and make me happy new parts does not equal good parts it is also highly unlikely uless your using leaded fuel that both o2's shit out at the same time use some carb cleaner and spray around your intake gaskets and vacuum lines and see if the idle changes if it does you've found the problem

Guest Removed
Over the last few weeks my mustang's check engine light has came on. I pulled the codes reading "CODE 1 engine bank 1 too lean", "CODE 2 engine bank 2 too lean". The car runs great, idles fine, starts fine. It does not run too hot, and is full on coolant. The only thing i can think of is that my O2 senors are going bad, or the car just doesn't like my CAI and exhaust. Oh ya it seems that the car is getting great gas mileage because I'm only at 1/2 tank but have driven over 270 miles on it. I normally get about 305 miles to a tank.

Issue number two

I have a 2002 jeep TJ sport with the 4.0l inline six. The air bag light comes on and beeps randomly while I'm driving it, then a few minutes latter it will turn off. I have tried disconnecting the Battery over night to see if that changes anything but didn't.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

p0171 and po174? on the stang...

check for vacuum leaks, intake air leaks from the maf to TB. its running very lean..check fuel pressure while your at it. i have also seen coolant temp sensors not read right in the data stream and do the same thing(the one for the pcm, not the gauge)

jeep clock spring is junk

hope this helps

Guest Removed
Would anyone give me a price on replacing the clock spring, I don't feel comfortable taking out a airbag.

call dana, 367-1799. ill hook you up..its not that bad when done correctly

+1 on clock spring, thats what was wrong with my old f150 remember?

and it sounds like your 02 sensors are going bad...

the fuel pump is brand new dave

could be a new fuel pump, but what about the voltage controller that control's it? i have seen those go bad and only send 1/2 voltage to the pump at all times

is the clock spring hard to change? do you have to remove the wheel or air bag?

yes and yes

p0171 and po174? on the stang...

check for vacuum leaks, intake air leaks from the maf to TB. its running very lean..check fuel pressure while your at it. i have also seen coolant temp sensors not read right in the data stream and do the same thing(the one for the pcm, not the gauge)

jeep clock spring is junk

hope this helps

Yes Rob i do believe those are the code numbers. Once I'm not lazy today I'll get out to the man cave and check the car out.

Guest Removed
Got the stang fingered out. It seems the that long plastic vacuum tube had a ever so small chip/crack in it. Covered it in black electrical tape. Problem solved. the Jeep i will have to wait on until at least next week when i get paid.

replace the tube..the rest of it will just come apart as well!