Raffle - 2009 Harley Davidson

KillJoy

The Forum XLForum.Net is Raffeling off a 2009 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200N. I just thought I would pass along the information. The MSRP on the Bike is about $10,000. If you have $100 that you would not mind losing for a chance to win, I doubt you would find better odds of winning at these Ticket Prices.

:thumbup:

Panther is out of control! We need to get some more excitement about this raffle. None of us expected the economy to take the turn that it did and now with 26 days to go we've got to move more tickets. So, we came up with a number that would still mean an awesome donation to the Relay for Life in the name of the bELIeve team, but its something that we are hoping will stimulate the sale of 70 tickets between now and June 26th.

WE ARE TAKING 100 TICKETS OFF THE TABLE

ONLY 200 total (maximum) tickets will be sold!

If we sell 7 or 70, we are still doing the drawing at the relay.

That means that you now have a 1/200 chance for each ticket that you hold. We are going to sell as many as we can between now an 6/27, but we will stop at 200.

I've never seen better odds for a raffle. If you were on the fence, will this push you over the top?

Here are the NEW details:

Quote:

200 tickets will be sold

Tickets are $100.00 each

You do not need to be present to win

Winner will be drawn at the Oxford, PA Relay for Life event on June 27, 2009*

Payment is by check or money order**

We will reimburse up to $300.00 for shipping expenses if you are not local to Hannum's

You need to include a self addressed stamped envelope with your check.+

There will be select opportunities where you can buy the ticket in person (announced here!)

We are restricting this to XL Forum members until 10/1/08. Let's sell all 300 to XLF members!

**We are requiring payment by check or money order. Paypal and credit cards take too much off the top.

+Please include a self addressed stamped envelope so Paul can return part of your ticket. Please include your cell number in case we pull your ticket so we can call you on June 27th the day of the drawing.

The check should be made out to

Relay for Life

Send to:

Paul B. Matthews

P.O. BOX 121

Oxford, PA 19363

After Paul receives your donation for the raffle he will fill out the ticket stub that we keep for the drawing, and return your part to you in your self addressed stamped envelope.

Questions? PM Panther.

Somebody is getting a 2009 Nightster, but we can all participate in a GREAT cause, to kill CANCER!!!

KillJoy

Edited by KillJoy

Hmm, got a link?

And any clue on how many actual tickets have been sold so far?

HERE is the Original Thread (300 Tickets).

HERE is the Updated Thread (Reduced to 200 Tickets).

It looks like 130 Tickets have been sold so far.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve, I'm not on that forum so can you make a post/PM Panther this idea for me?

If he is at all able to take PayPal or a credit card, I will gladly pay the $100 + the surchage, I think PayPal is 3%, and a credit card is usually 2-4%, so I'll give him a few extra dollars for the inconvience so the $100 still goes to the cause. It's just too late for me to mail a check to him now....please copy and paste this his way, have him email me at bam6i4@yahoo.com or you PM me his contact info if that will work.

Thanks

Hey Steve, I'm not on that forum so can you make a post/PM Panther this idea for me?

If he is at all able to take PayPal or a credit card, I will gladly pay the $100 + the surchage, I think PayPal is 3%, and a credit card is usually 2-4%, so I'll give him a few extra dollars for the inconvience so the $100 still goes to the cause. It's just too late for me to mail a check to him now....please copy and paste this his way, have him email me at bam6i4@yahoo.com or you PM me his contact info if that will work.

Thanks

Will do.

KillJoy

Thanks

Here is the Reply

----------------------

If he's local I'll be at Hannum's on Thursday.

If not, tell him he can pay-pal me $100.00 and to give me all of his info. I will write a check to you Paul and deliver it with the other tickets on Friday. Don't worry about any surcharge.

My PP is 883@bweir.com

----------------------

KillJoy