Looks like more win

Alex L.

Been watching it bit by bit since YouTube is running slow and just went:

Holy Shit! :eek: @1:08 Tire Deflection!!! :eek: If Tire Deflection is being modeled, that's just incredible.

I hope they have multiple suspension models this time. F2 only had one model (The SAI was reversed on the Subarus).

GT5 should be cool too. It's supposed to have Rallying also. ;)

no lie, I suck at cars.. so, a console racing "sim" (term used loosely as there are way more hardcore sims for computer platforms) is something I suck at. I can appreciate it for someone who's good at matching the angle of their spoiler with the proper suspension, camber, caster, and toe settings.. but I want to be a driver, not a fucking engineer.

The default setups in Forza 2 are pretty good. The best thing to do is start with a default setup and then tweak ONE thing WAY WAY out of wack. Hit the track and see what it does. Then reset to defaults and try another. When you get a basic idea of what does what, take the default setup out for some laps. Figure out what you don't like about the car's handling and then start tweaking the thing that controls that a little at a time.

But honestly, you can do really well with the default suspension setups.

Aero is easy. Max it out. Then if you start understeering in high speed corners, back off the rear aero. If you oversteer in high speed corners, back off the front aero. But if you're in a power-limited race, or one based on pure speed, run as little downforce as possible.

As for upgrades: Less weight, more tire, easy on the rims. Less weight makes EVERYTHING better. More tire makes cornering and braking better. And I've NEVER had need for using anything larger than an 18" rim.

I think traction was way too limited on forza2, even in 200hp tin cans. I was sliding all over the place and ended up hating the game. Multiply that by a billion in my 1100hp vette.. waste of programming. I couldn't hit more than half throttle in a straight without doing a 180, even with the widest most expensive tires in the game.

Yeah, the 1K HP cars were a handful. I prefer a max of about 650-700hp. You just have to roll into the throttle. Also, the first lap is always slippery because the tires need to heat up. Once they're green, they stick much better.

The R class cars have tons of grip and the R1s are just insane. Try the time trial on the Nurburgring with the Porsche 917.

Can't wait.

I'm ready for GT5 and F3... Though I'm hoping there will be a better wheel available for the 360 when F3 comes out. The MS one is nice, but there are much better wheels for PS3.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/The-Ultimate-Racing-Wheel-for-Xbox-360.htm

6 Speed H pattern shifter w/ reverse.

Clutch, brake, gas pedals reinforced with good backgrounds not flimsy.

900 degree rotational wheel.

Now what to do with my old, crap ass, microsoft wheel.

This game is the only reason I'm keeping my 360 around; I really don't play it that much lately. And when I do it's mostly racing games ha. That trailer really got me pumped, Pendulum is the perfect music to get you in the mood to race.

Or pick up an oldschool 70's Fairlady Z and swap in a Skyline drivetrain. :D

That's always fun.

A '73 Porsche with the best motor that you can swap in (forget which one it is) is probably my favorite go-fast car in the game. Buy one and build it, it's insane. :p