i need to borrow a tool...

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/images/tool.jpg

used on the nuts under the steering head bolt...its a yamaha tool...click link if you are confused, because i didnt know how to explain it...that one is homemade,but im not that skilled

http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/furbur.htm

the more i read, it doesnt seem that important to torque those nuts properly...?

just crank it down to what i guess to be 30lbs, then back it off and redo it until it feels good? if it doesnt need torqued i can use a screwdriver and hammer like i did to remove it...then the top nut just crank it down good? (40 ft lbs is what its supposed to have)

Guest tbutera2112
you are a tool.....

back on topic are you replacing that bearing or something?

i thought the bike needed them replaced, but i pulled it apart and they are both good...so it must just be a vmax thing to shake like that... im going to do the furbur fix and replace the rubber with a metal washer and see if that takes care of it

i also think i might keep the bike, probably wont ride it until next year or so, but i guess it doesnt hurt to sit in the garage....fire it up every few weeks and let it run, keep the gas fresh and stuff so i dont have to deal with rebuilding the carbs after letting it sit

i thought the bike needed them replaced, but i pulled it apart and they are both good...so it must just be a vmax thing to shake like that... im going to do the furbur fix and replace the rubber with a metal washer and see if that takes care of it

i also think i might keep the bike, probably wont ride it until next year or so, but i guess it doesnt hurt to sit in the garage....fire it up every few weeks and let it run, keep the gas fresh and stuff so i dont have to deal with rebuilding the carbs after letting it sit

i can ride it in your neighboor hood ( or on the road) every so often to keep everything up an running if youde like. i am insured.

Guest tbutera2112
i can ride it in your neighboor hood ( or on the road) every so often to keep everything up an running if youde like. i am insured.

once it gets inspected and is no longer a felony to have it on the road, i may ride it around the neighborhood every so often...but ill keep you in mind if i want someone to take it out for me and let it breathe a little bit

ill have to buy the washer and then see if that fixes it....paul, would you feel comfortable riding it down waggoner and back to tell me if its shakes or not, after its fixed? it doesnt have tags or a valid title at the moment, so if not thats cool...but i dont wanna go to ride it to the inspection and then realize it wont make it there

Guest tbutera2112
sell it..2 wheels bad 4 wheels good.

paul.....this is not a commentary section for you to post freely!

i might...but i think im going to fix it and get it inspected before i make a decision / try to sell it...i will lose too much on it if i try and sell it with problems

If you still need to borrow that tool i believe we have it at Yamaha. i would need it back in a few hours at most. YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK IF THE FRONT WHEEL IS BALANCED. EVEN IF IT HAS WHEEL WEIGHTS THE TIRE COULD HAVE SHIFTED.Sorry just realized caps was on and don't want to retype.

Guest tbutera2112
If you still need to borrow that tool i believe we have it at Yamaha. i would need it back in a few hours at most. YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK IF THE FRONT WHEEL IS BALANCED. EVEN IF IT HAS WHEEL WEIGHTS THE TIRE COULD HAVE SHIFTED.Sorry just realized caps was on and don't want to retype.

josh is going to lend it to me....thanks though...ever find out about my repair manual for this thing?

and unbalanced tire would be a vibration, not a steering head shake

Guest tbutera2112
Ya we should have the book in stock. It would be the Cylmers. I can get the Yamaha one too but would be much more the Cylmers should be under $30.

ill stop by sometime then