ATTENTION ALL NEWBS!!!! First annual MEET THE NEWBS CR cookout!

V8 Beast

We have decided to post-pone meet the newbs until August. A new thread with dates and a list of items needed will be posted soon.

So we are looking for a new way to introduce the new people into our real world meets. Brandon came up with a great idea so I thought I would put it into play.

What better way to get to know the new people than by having another cookout :D (this will be cookout number 55 of the year by that point)

Where: Sharon Woods

When: August

Time: To be announced

To make this work we will need people to volunteer to provide the food/drinks and I'll make sure the grilling is taken care of. As long as the weather cooperates I hope to see a lot of new faces along with the old.

Edited by wannaraceLS1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, Brian, I'll see if my dad can help out on any of the food part, I'll ask him later today.

Let me know if you'd like any other help. I don't live far from Sharon Woods, so I could help out with setup.

Welp, Brian, I'll see if my dad can help out on any of the food part, I'll ask him later today.

Let me know if you'd like any other help. I don't live far from Sharon Woods, so I could help out with setup.

Thanks, I'll let you know.

You should get confirmation from new guys first to ensure theres enough people to actually make this worth while. Actively try to get them to come out. Whos idea was this was. It was brought up months ago;) I might be down for donating and attending. Edited by wnaplay

You should get confirmation from new guys first to ensure theres enough people to actually make this worth while. Actively try to get them to come out. Whos idea was this was. It was brought up months ago;) I might be down for donating and attending.

With all due respect... No and no. If we get 1 new face out and have fun it will be worth while. Theres a thread here with over a month for people to pencil it in. If people post and say they cant make it that day then it may change, but thats about it. Just out of curiosity how would you go about actively trying to get them to come out?

This is good to see this idea moving forward... I am not a newb... but meeting more people is always good... do older members have to sign up?

Not yet, just keep your calender clear and hope is doesnt rain. Oh, and clean your car just in case photo ops happen.

About a week from the date I'll get a list of who is helping out. If its easier for some I'll just do a quick paypal collection and have my wife do all the shopping. I'll let everyone know closer to the date.

With all due respect... No and no. If we get 1 new face out and have fun it will be worth while. Theres a thread here with over a month for people to pencil it in. If people post and say they cant make it that day then it may change, but thats about it. Just out of curiosity how would you go about actively trying to get them to come out?

Dude its like high school. Theres a ton of guys that probably want to show but just cant put themselves out there to do so. We need to help encourage them to come out. To actively try to get guys to come out I would compile a list of the target guys we are trying to get and send them a friendly pm encouraging them to come join. Put a face to it. Even get other members involved in the process. And when they arrive, they already have a relationship with someone and feel comfortable. They hook up upon arrival so they dont just stand around as done now without talking.

Im a newb and Im interested. Im down with bringing something as well. This is a good idea because even as outgoing as I think I am I still havent managed to make it certain functions because I dont really know anyone...

Good idea! Let me know what I can bring to help out...

Im a newb and Im interested. Im down with bringing something as well. This is a good idea because even as outgoing as I think I am I still havent managed to make it certain functions because I dont really know anyone...

Good idea! Let me know what I can bring to help out...

Dont feel bad. I always see alot of guys stand around for a few minutes and then leave. I was the same way years ago so I try to make an effort to talk to people if I see them. When it gets closer, I will be there, and I will talk to you.;) And that goes to anyone. Its easier to feel comfortable when you know your going to meet someone in particular. So I will let you know or get with me before this and we will set up how to find each other. Cool?

Dont feel bad. I always see alot of guys stand around for a few minutes and then leave. I was the same way years ago so I try to make an effort to talk to people if I see them. When it gets closer, I will be there, and I will talk to you.;) And that goes to anyone. Its easier to feel comfortable when you know your going to meet someone in particular. So I will let you know or get with me before this and we will set up how to find each other. Cool?

I seriously think you missed the point of this thread. Everyone will be talking to everyone. You dont have to tell everyone that you will talk to them, comfort them, etc. Everyone will be talking, thats why its a meet where we meet new people.

yeah but like the meets, now people are uncomfortable. Good in theory but people dont put themselves out there just because its a great and meet title. This is your guys' baby I am just throwing ideas out there dont shoot the messenger.

When it gets closer, I will be there, and I will talk to you.;)

...So I will let you know or get with me before this and we will set up how to find each other. Cool?

This is creepy. Stop.

You love busting my balls dont you? We need to hang out more.:)

LOL! You turned a meet and greet into a sexual predator convention :lol:. Only Anthony and I are allowed to touch new members in ways that make them feel uncomfortable.

Guest tbutera2112
Dude its like high school. Theres a ton of guys that probably want to show but just cant put themselves out there to do so. We need to help encourage them to come out. To actively try to get guys to come out I would compile a list of the target guys we are trying to get and send them a friendly pm encouraging them to come join. Put a face to it. Even get other members involved in the process. And when they arrive, they already have a relationship with someone and feel comfortable. They hook up upon arrival so they dont just stand around as done now without talking.

youre trying too hard