Spotted TA/WS6 for sale

Sully

There is a black 98 WS6 for sale in Canal Winchester at the corner of 674 and Lithopolis Rd. I should clarify that the guy doesn't describe the car as a WS6. The description on the note stated it has a factory installed Ram Air hood and WS6 wheels. I haven't talked to the guy, so I'm not totally certain that it's an actual WS6. If so, it has been debadged.

It is an Auto, grey leather interior, ttops, with approximately 220,000 miles. Has Borla exhaust. Newer rear tires. There is some wear on the driver seat. There are a couple very minor dents on the driver side rear quarter. The owner states that the car was never driven in the rain. He is asking just over $6,000 for it.

I didn't write the guy's phone number down. Just figured I'd put this up here in case someone is looking for a car like this in this price range. If it wasn't for the high mileage, I would pick this up.

If anyone does look at it and/or talk to the guy, feel free to add more info to this thread.

why even comment about rain, when the car has 220k miles on it--the mileage speaks for itself. $6k for a car that could basically take a shit at any moment?? no thanks

that's roughly 22k miles per year. assuming it hasn't been in rain, i take it, it hasn't seen snow either. so he drives this thing 6-7 months out of the year and has put 22k miles in that time every year??

"come on mike, i'm not one of your 8 year old friends that's going to believe that"

--black sheep

What's so bad about rain anyway? Not like it instantly eats your car apart.

Nothing is bad about the rain, but you don't make a comment like that when you know it isn't true.

Yes and no. The very early '98 cars like mine got engines from the Corvette plant due to a production shortage. The blocks were the same, but had the slightly more aggressive cams.

2001 and 2002 cars had a chance of getting the LS6 block which had better bay-to-bay crankcase breathing.

hows the body in general besides the dents? such as clear coat?

It looks to be in pretty decent shape. It was kinda hard to tell though because the car was pretty dusty the day that I looked at it.