Might get 06 GT

ponyjr1647545514

I've been looking to get a 2006 Mustang GT. The car has 50,000 miles on it. Which kind of worries me, a little high maybe? the interior is perfect, the exterior needs some work (front bumper needs repaired, along with rear).

The car is black on black. It will need wheel refinishing, or new wheels. I want the wheels painted black or find a good looking set of aftermarket ones. I'm not keen on the idea of polished or chrome lips.

What kind of things/issues should I look for on it?

What are worth while inexpensive mods i should look into?

Any recommendations of wheels and tires?

Thanks.

Ask if the plugs have been changed in the car. These cars use the 2 piece spark plugs that like to break off in the heads and can be expensive to fix if they do. These cars do respond well to the simple bolt on mods. I would start off with a cold air intake and tune. You would be surprised by how much more fun these cars can be with a tune and some drive by wire tweaks. We carry a ton of wheels and could set you up with just about any wheel you want for a great price. If you pick the car up, feel free to swing in sometime and we can help you lay the car out exactly like you want it or atleast help steer you in the right direction.

I personally wouldnt be concerned about the mileage if the price on the car was right.

the price is high for what it is, BUT me and my dad are calling them tomorrow morning to try and work something out, the can either sell me this car cheap or they have to fix the a/c and throwout bearing. It seems that all of the regular maintenance has been done on time. has been full syn oil for the last 20,000 (according to the dealership).

Guest Removed
Ask if the plugs have been changed in the car. These cars use the 2 piece spark plugs that like to break off in the heads and can be expensive to fix if they do. These cars do respond well to the simple bolt on mods. I would start off with a cold air intake and tune. You would be surprised by how much more fun these cars can be with a tune and some drive by wire tweaks. We carry a ton of wheels and could set you up with just about any wheel you want for a great price. If you pick the car up, feel free to swing in sometime and we can help you lay the car out exactly like you want it or atleast help steer you in the right direction.

I personally wouldnt be concerned about the mileage if the price on the car was right.

yes the plugs suck.....

and brady is the shit in tuning these things. one of the few shops i know of that have the full svt programming to get the drive by wire settings correct. the aftermarket programmers set the fail safes to max, and if there ever would be a issue, well all i'll say is it not cool:(

i would not buy it needing a throw out bearing. there are too many of those mustangs out there. i was probably ragged on and will need a clutch soon and probably other odds and ends.

The one I'm looking to buy does not need one, just the one I own. The dealership rebuilt my trans last year and it has just never been right ever since. The bearing just makes all kinds of noise and is now bothering me hard core.

There is a TSB out on the plugs, Ford knows they break so you could get them changed at no charge, so when they take them out pay a little extra and get some one piece plugs, and you wont have this problem again.

There is a TSB out on the plugs, Ford knows they break so you could get them changed at no charge, so when they take them out pay a little extra and get some one piece plugs, and you wont have this problem again.

We normally stock the Brisk 1 piece for the 3valves. Not cheap but worth their weight in gold.

yes the plugs suck.....

and brady is the shit in tuning these things. one of the few shops i know of that have the full svt programming to get the drive by wire settings correct. the aftermarket programmers set the fail safes to max, and if there ever would be a issue, well all i'll say is it not cool:(

I dropped by the shop the other day. Brady sounded like a submerged trumpet in water when he was telling me about the dyno, etc... Knows his stuff!!

How much are they asking for it again? Do you have any pictures that you can post up? Make sure that you get underneath it and give the underside a good look see as well...

My father in law has an 06 and he loves it. It runs great and has some nice power. Only thing he complains about and I have also heard it is when you get on it and shift pretty quick there is a clunk that comes from the rear. He has had it at the dealership and they have heard it, but have no idea what it is. He has around 10K on it.

Guest tbutera2112
My father in law has an 06 and he loves it. It runs great and has some nice power. Only thing he complains about and I have also heard it is when you get on it and shift pretty quick there is a clunk that comes from the rear. He has had it at the dealership and they have heard it, but have no idea what it is. He has around 10K on it.

its a mustang thing

Any recommendations of wheels and tires?

Here's a few popular, yet somewhat vintage like:

American Racing Torque Thrust M

http://www.texasautotrim.com/images/custom_wheels/american_racing/Torq-Thrust%20M%20Chrome%20(Series%20605M)-300.jpg

Shelby Razor

http://www.beef-cake.net/shelby35.jpg

American Racing Rebel

SP_1119.jpg

FR500 wheel

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2005-mustang-gt-tech/49405-fr500-wheels-backspacing-offset-questions-n22600800_34377831_8894.jpg

I have an '05 GT auto as my daily. 89,xxx miles on it. Runs fantastic with nothing but oil changes ( full syn every 5k). It still has the original brake pads and discs as well. Though I will be changing them here soon. I have had to clean some carbon buildup from around the tb butterflies every once in awhile. My rear end clunks as well on hard shifts as another post mentioned. It is what it is. The spark plugs are a piece of crap. I had to get a special tool to remove the tips when two of mine broke during removal at 80k. Also replaced the serpentine belt at 80k.

Any other questions, let me know.

Scott