Who knows Knoxville, TN ??

TTQ B4U

We wiill simply be passing through Knoxville off I-75 (western side of town) as we make our way south but am hoping to get some good input from folks on where to stop by and picnic or even have lunch.

any cool sites or places along the way we should look into? We will have two kids with us, ages 3 and 6 if that helps.

Thanks!

I was about to say the same thing, Tim. If you can hold on a little longer, you'll have a good number of options further south. Keep following billboards to "Rarity Mountain"...once you get closer to that, you'll know it: you'll be driving a pretty steep grade up some mountain and there well be plenty of pull-off rest stops with scenic views. Beautiful stuff, too...

Go West on 40 for about 35 miles and there are a ton of lakes and parks. Big time golf area. Lots of twisty highway too.

Just east of knoxville is Pidgon forge (I think that's how it's spelled). All kinds of things to do there. Show's, go carts, dinning, zip lines, water park, Dollywood.