I saved my 360 from the red circle!

Cereal_Killer

Okay today my 360 Elite, yeah the black one with the 120gb HD, got the red circle. Being a bit of a computer geek (I run a hacked version of Vista on my laptop and a hacked version or winmo6.5 on my phone) I belong to the Microsoft forums. Anyway I found a suggestion to overheat the 360 to force a hard reset. I turned it on and wrapped it in 5 towels and left it for 2 hours. After I unwrapped it the circle was still red but after I rebooted it it worked! I was so fucking amazed. If anyone else suffers this tragedy its worth 2 hours to try it. Just wanted to share this with you all.

Guest fist302
yeah i did this for a month or so to keep mine going. It still failed eventually and took forever to get back from repair, in the meantime i bought a ps3 which works great.

That doesn't trigger a "hard reset". It re-solders the GPU to the mother board. It's a temp fix that about 50% of the time results in a dead 360. Sometimes it works, sometimes no. Just know that this is a temp solution and you'll still have to send it in eventually.

Lulz... you're a hax0r!

My 360 is out of its case and the motherboard is sitting on my tv stand. To date I have fixed the red ring 9 times by doing the x-clamp mod and also tightening down the heatsinks. I made a thread about this a long time ago in the night crew section.

Oh yeah and you are such a hacker by overheating your xbox please. You know the red ring happens most of the time because the system is overheated? Think about that next time you do the towel trick.

(I run a hacked version of Vista on my laptop and a hacked version or winmo6.5 on my phone)

So running pirated software you downloaded from a torrent site makes you a geek these days? Call my Mom and let her know that computer I built her makes her a total geek.

When my 360 failed, the optical drive started going out. When I called they told me I was past the 1 year warranty, and that the 3 year only covered the RROD and not any other issues.

So, I put it in a trash bag, turned the thing on and let it run for about 6 days. It had the RROD after that and they replaced it under warranty.

Okay today my 360 Elite, yeah the black one with the 120gb HD, got the red circle. Being a bit of a computer geek (I run a hacked version of Vista on my laptop and a hacked version or winmo6.5 on my phone) I belong to the Microsoft forums. Anyway I found a suggestion to overheat the 360 to force a hard reset. I turned it on and wrapped it in 5 towels and left it for 2 hours. After I unwrapped it the circle was still red but after I rebooted it it worked! I was so fucking amazed. If anyone else suffers this tragedy its worth 2 hours to try it. Just wanted to share this with you all.

your a HARDCORE NERD.

You know how to downloaded the precracked copy of windows vista and read howard forums to flash a cellphone.

Sending you box back is the best option

That doesn't trigger a "hard reset". It re-solders the GPU to the mother board. It's a temp fix that about 50% of the time results in a dead 360. Sometimes it works, sometimes no. Just know that this is a temp solution and you'll still have to send it in eventually.

Lulz... you're a hax0r!

Yup..... it reflows the solder.

YAY FOR YOU!

KillJoy

When my 360 failed, the optical drive started going out. When I called they told me I was past the 1 year warranty, and that the 3 year only covered the RROD and not any other issues.

So, I put it in a trash bag, turned the thing on and let it run for about 6 days. It had the RROD after that and they replaced it under warranty.

That is funny, and exactly what I would have done.

The only issue I've had with my 360 arose while playing GTA4 a lot. It would freeze up entirely with a static image on the screen, and the sound continuing... Best Buy gave me a new one the same day, as I was sucker enough to buy their warranty :).

Considering mine red ringed and I sent it back to microsoft and got it back in a week. More worth doing that then completely fucking it before you sent it back. I guess I'm a hardcore geek too...I downloaded pirated things and build my own PCs. Can I join the uber geek squad STFU!!!