iPhone OS 3.0 update?

SilverAudiMike

It's out on Itunes - and mine didnt work right. It keeps saying it cant access the network but it goes to the Itunes store just fine, and my phone is stuck in an emergency mode.

I got this guy at work who's a fucking nut when it comes to anything MAC related.

He went home on his lunch from Polaris to Hilliard to download the fucking update, then come back and it still doesn't work on his phone.

lol.

I love the 3.0 update! Safari seems like it's a lot snappier now, especially browsing forums and such. Also, iPhone search comes in really handy, not to mention copy and paste. I also dig the new texting interface.

It's out on Itunes - and mine didnt work right. It keeps saying it cant access the network but it goes to the Itunes store just fine, and my phone is stuck in an emergency mode.

My wife's is still stuck on emergency. AT&T won't help her and apple is useless. We both have been fighting with it, AT&T and Apple for 2 days now.

Apple said their servers crashed and it screwed a bunch of phones but they refuse to do anything about it thus far.

My wife's is still stuck on emergency. AT&T won't help her and apple is useless. We both have been fighting with it, AT&T and Apple for 2 days now.

Apple said their servers crashed and it screwed a bunch of phones but they refuse to do anything about it thus far.

Did you do a backup before the update? Easy solution, just restore it. Then redownload the update, and try it again.

You have probably already tried this, but did you make sure you have the newest version of iTunes installed first? IF you don't it will let you upgrade but will be stuck in emergency mode afterwards until you upgrade iTunes to the newest version and sync.

Maybe some help for you?

Our phone has a SIM PIN, and after we rebooted the handset and were asked to enter it, our iPhone remained in Emergency Mode. If you don't have a SIM PIN lock - or you've disabled it before starting the update process - this should not affect you.

Update: Oh yeah. I am stuck in emergency mode once again, courtesy of the 3.0 update. Seems like some of you below are stuck there, too.

Personally, I tried calling Apple support and here's what they told me: My 3.0 update probably installed fine, but the phone now needs to connect to iTunes to verify my account information. Right now, everybody with an iPhone is trying to connect to iTunes and "our servers can only take so much traffic."

I'd try to resync with iTunes again if you don't have a sim pin.

No, she didn't back it up but I got it working no thanks to apple. I ran through the update a couple of times and kept messing with it until finally it just started working. I dunno why but hey, it works again so i don't care what it took.

No, she didn't back it up but I got it working no thanks to apple. I ran through the update a couple of times and kept messing with it until finally it just started working. I dunno why but hey, it works again so i don't care what it took.

Her phone isn't backed up?

WTF?