need my laptop fixed

BDHG940

my laptop is screwed up and I have to keep plugging in the power cord and adjusting the cable in order for it to stay on. If I barely bump the computer, power is lossed and it will turn off pretty quick. Its a compaq persario 3000p I think, Ill check the shop tomorrow.

If anyone can fix this type of problem, let me know

Sounds like 2 things

A. Dead battery

B. The pin that connects your charger to the mobo is getting loose/about to break off. It happened to one of our old laptops and bestbuy said the whole motherboard needed to be replaced and that we should just get a new one.

It can be reattached to the motherboard I've fixed 2 or 3 myself... Just need a soldering iron with a fine tip

The best size of solder for electronics is 22swg (swg = standard wire gauge).

It can be reattached to the motherboard I've fixed 2 or 3 myself... Just need a soldering iron with a fine tip

The best size of solder for electronics is 22swg (swg = standard wire gauge).

how much do you charge to do that?

I have tried another battery that was good and still no luck

It depends on how bad the break is. I suggest taking it apart for confirmation, then ordering if necessary.

If I had any idea what I was doing I would have already fixed it. I dont want to touch it, thats why I posted this up. I dont know whats broke if I dont know what im looking at

If I had any idea what I was doing I would have already fixed it. I dont want to touch it, thats why I posted this up. I dont know whats broke if I dont know what im looking at

From your description of the problem, I'd say that pin is broken. I have fixed them without buying a new one, but it would be best to just replace it.

I could do repair it, but you would need to buy the correct part and then give me at least a couple of weeks to get to it.