How to battle bad track prep?

wagner

Well after my two trips to trails after our track day I need some help. Trails does not seem to understand how to prep a track. I don't have any sticky tires and not sure when I will get some.

Any tips from guys who have run out there a ton?

Sand bags in the trunk as far back as possible.

that an how hard are you dropping the clutch offf the line? do you jsut pop it an go or do you drag it out?

ride with me at teh trackday an ill show you how easy it is to get tractuion with no track prep an crappy street tires

Rolling into the gas is about all you can do, you just will never get great 60' times there, not consistantly anyway.

I really think this is the root of it. In the first round the car in front of me left a bunch of oil or tranny fluid. Larry the starting line guy waddled his ass over kind of mopped it and waved me forward. During this the cunt i was racing had already gone up and staged so I had to hustle up before I got DQ'd

Since he did such a great job cleaning and I had to try and run the bitch down I think I left a bit hard and the car spun bad to the tune of a 2.30 60'

O'Doyle I really might have to take you up on that if I go back out there.

Couldn't you drop your rear tire pressure a little? Sure it will increase the rolling resistance, but it can't be as bad as not getting the takeoff that you were hoping for due to spinning or going to easy on it.

Typically in the 4x4 world 15lbs gets you about twice the foot print as 30lbs. So I'd think you could take the tires down 5-10 lbs and see some results.