new pipe suggestions

jon_SV650

I was thinking about getting a new pipe for my bike with my tax returns and was just wondering what everyone's preferences or suggestions were...

Also wondering if you get any extra performance and if its worth the extra $$ to get a full system or just a slip-on.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Suzuki guys like yoshi pipes. I would recommend, Yoshi, 2 bros, or akrapovic (sp?).

if you get a full system, you might lose some bottom end (at least you do on an inline 4). A Full system will deff make more power on top compared to just a slip on. you could get a slip on and spend the extra cash on a PC3 instead of spending the extra cash on a full set of pipes.

I really don't believe you need to do a PC3. I have one and a full Yosh TRS exhaust and had a friend with a Yosh TRS slip on couldn't really tell a difference. It's just not that of a high performance of an engine to constitute it. Just my $.02.

How for pipes. I love the sound from my TRS and get compliments all the time. V-Twins sound sweet with a aftermarket pipe. Anyways If it didn't come on my bike when I bought it I would have bought something different. Maybe a Hole Shot, M4, Two Brothers, Scorpion Street Extreme or Viper stubby in that order.

I would also avoid high mounts unless you plan on making your dike a track bike or don't carry passengers. There have also been many people who have melted the inside of there bags on the pipe.

Dale Walkers Hole Shot.-http://www.holeshot.com/sv650/slipons.html

M4- You can contact Blair at SV racing Parts http://stores.ebay.com/SV650-Racing-Parts

For the others you will just need to do some searching for the best price.

SV doesn't need a power commander.

Any slip on will work with an adapter. Iron pony still had a few systems on clearance. Take a look there and see if you like anything. Or you can spend $500. It's up to you. Let me know if you need a hand. I did mine myself. It's D&D. Sounds wicked.

SV doesn't need a power commander.

Any slip on will work with an adapter. Iron pony still had a few systems on clearance. Take a look there and see if you like anything. Or you can spend $500. It's up to you. Let me know if you need a hand. I did mine myself. It's D&D. Sounds wicked.

D&D is another one I have heard good things about.

It will run better with the stock can, unless you get a full system and mapping. ( 2 cent smiley goes here )

I'm not going to argue! But I beg to differ! I have ridden SV's with full exhaust, PC III mapped (my bike), stock exhaust, and slip-on and you just don't feel, or notice a difference. Just hear a difference. Maybe it's just the Vtwin of the SV. IDK!

I'm not going to argue! But I beg to differ! I have ridden SV's with full exhaust, PC III mapped (my bike), stock exhaust, and slip-on and you just don't feel, or notice a difference. Just hear a difference. Maybe it's just the Vtwin of the SV. IDK!

Now that's how to dissagree !!!

Take notes !! hahahahah :banana:

" I'm sorry , but I tend to disagree " :p

Two bros and D&D systems are total shit. STAY AWAY! Spend your money on a system of quality and you'll be rewarded. If you want to work on a budget, go with an M4 SS system or a Yosh SS system.

Otherwise, Akro, Arrow, Leo are the way to go. Look at the graphs and the power gains and make a decision.

Also, anyone who says you don't need a PC is full of it. PCs are used to get the best power delivery. Butt dynos are BS and anyone who thinks they can butt dyno vs the real thing has snake oil they are willing to sell you, too.

If an after market system is what you are wanting, get a PC and a good system. Cheap is cheap for a reason...

Lizard it's an SV. Hello. Two bros and d&d are total shit? They are just for looks and to tone down the sound a bit. You can run that bike sans can. The bike won't care. You can't squeeze more than 90 hp out of it. So why spend 7-800$ on an exhaust? Some of us live in the real world. So sorry a full forum at svrider.com must be wrong. They all agree a PC isn't needed. But then again were not experts like you.

Jon you can come over any time and ride my beast and decide for yourself if it's needed or not.

Lizard it's an SV. Hello. Two bros and d&d are total shit? They are just for looks and to tone down the sound a bit. You can run that bike sans can. The bike won't care. You can't squeeze more than 90 hp out of it. So why spend 7-800$ on an exhaust? Some of us live in the real world. So sorry a full forum at svrider.com must be wrong. They all agree a PC isn't needed. But then again were not experts like you.

Jon you can come over any time and ride my beast and decide for yourself if it's needed or not.

Its not that they are shit its just their quality isnt there. besides D&Ds are fackin loud. Two Bros isnt bad and they sound good its just there are other pipes that make more power, so if you just want better sound go with Two Bros.

The Pc3 concept is really a matter of opinion, they way the PC3 works isnt really the best to begin with the way the map is created. With a full pipe you can get away without a PC3, it will just lean it out a hair across the map range and wont hurt the motor immediatly but does put it at risk for longevity problems being lean on WOT. Now if you do a aftermarket filter you will need a tune for sure.

Anyone do dyno runs to prove your theory or are they all as expert in their knowledge as say, gixxer.com??

Two Bros and D&D are shit pipes. If you don't think so, cool. If you look at the materials, the packing and overall production of the pipes, you can easily see.

An M4 SS and a Yosh SS are much better pipes and really not that much more money.

Any SV with 90 + hp has a PC...

Its not that they are shit its just their quality isnt there. besides D&Ds are fackin loud. Two Bros isnt bad and they sound good its just there are other pipes that make more power, so if you just want better sound go with Two Bros.

The Pc3 concept is really a matter of opinion, they way the PC3 works isnt really the best to begin with the way the map is created. With a full pipe you can get away without a PC3, it will just lean it out a hair across the map range and wont hurt the motor immediatly but does put it at risk for longevity problems being lean on WOT. Now if you do a aftermarket filter you will need a tune for sure.

Shit might be a strong word, but they aren't by any means great and there are WAY better choices out there.

PCs and Bazaaz units are the norm in the race world. With a good dyno guy, you can get some really good results. People that don't do PCs and those that do may not have differences in overall power, but I can guarantee that you can get the curve smoother and cleaner than w/o one... Full system - PC. But, what do I know? Jagr has all the answers cause SV forums tell him so.

Anyone read that there's a comet heading towards Earth that is going to wipe us out by 2010? The internet says so...:rolleyes:

Shit might be a strong word, but they aren't by any means great and there are WAY better choices out there.

PCs and Bazaaz units are the norm in the race world. With a good dyno guy, you can get some really good results. People that don't do PCs and those that do may not have differences in overall power, but I can guarantee that you can get the curve smoother and cleaner than w/o one... Full system - PC. But, what do I know? Jagr has all the answers cause SV forums tell him so.

Anyone read that there's a comet heading towards Earth that is going to wipe us out by 2010? The internet says so...:rolleyes:

So me being a SV rider and enthusiast should listen to you? Or should I listen to people who have an obsession with the SV like I do. I have been to Gixxer.com and know what you mean by their ignorance. But SV rider is far from the norm when you look at Model or Brand specific forums. The SV has a cult like following, I'm sure other bikes do to (i.e.monster), and the information over at SVR is amazing. If you haven't inquired for yourself then you should just keep your opinion to yourself. Sometimes I just can't comprehend all that you can find when you have a technical question. It really is sick!

Now for Jager's bike. If you want to go ride his and then ride mine to get an idea on the difference yourself. The only thing that will not give you a good idea in the difference is I most likely have a little bit different gearing. Because I run a 15 47 sprocket combo. But it does depend on the gearing Jager has. Honestly like I have said before I have tried several different set ups on 2 gen SV's and they all seem about the same.

I do agree with you point with a dyno. Mine that I know of has not been dynoed. I know the maps from PC have been down loaded. You might be able to fine tune the fuel mixture to get the bike to run at a premium with a dyno. But how many people that are running a commuter, weekend warrior SV are going to be able to tell the difference? Maybe a track bike were .01 sec may count and running at near open throttle for long periods of time. My point is a PC III is in many cases and many applications on a SV overkill.

I wouldn't waste the money on a full system with a 650. I'd go with a slip-on man.

I always tell people to buy a full system when you want more power from an already powerful bike. I always say "If you need/want more power you need to buy a bigger bike." Like a 1000cc or more, ya know. Save the cash and go slip-on.

Just my $.02:cool:

So me being a SV rider and enthusiast should listen to you? Or should I listen to people who have an obsession with the SV like I do. I have been to Gixxer.com and know what you mean by their ignorance. But SV rider is far from the norm when you look at Model or Brand specific forums. The SV has a cult like following, I'm sure other bikes do to (i.e.monster), and the information over at SVR is amazing. If you haven't inquired for yourself then you should just keep your opinion to yourself. Sometimes I just can't comprehend all that you can find when you have a technical question. It really is sick!

Now for Jager's bike. If you want to go ride his and then ride mine to get an idea on the difference yourself. The only thing that will not give you a good idea in the difference is I most likely have a little bit different gearing. Because I run a 15 47 sprocket combo. But it does depend on the gearing Jager has. Honestly like I have said before I have tried several different set ups on 2 gen SV's and they all seem about the same.

I do agree with you point with a dyno. Mine that I know of has not been dynoed. I know the maps from PC have been down loaded. You might be able to fine tune the fuel mixture to get the bike to run at a premium with a dyno. But how many people that are running a commuter, weekend warrior SV are going to be able to tell the difference? Maybe a track bike were .01 sec may count and running at near open throttle for long periods of time. My point is a PC III is in many cases and many applications on a SV overkill.

Well, I don't know why I need to be an SV rider to know how things work. I've seen some serious track/race SVs out there and they all have been fine tuned for optimal performance.

Now you're saying you might be able to get a little more... My point is this - it isn't going to add hp with a PCIII... It may a little by simply tuning. BUT, that power curve is going to be smoother and better and more noticable.

Some people can't tell the difference between 5 hp increase and stock. But, you can tell when applied and put through the ringer. A well sorted WHATEVER motorcycle is going to be better than one that isn't.

Like Ninjanick stated, a slip-on is fine for that bike. But, stay away from the junk stuff. Buy something good and that will last a long time w/o issues. Otherwise, why not just guy that no-name crap off ebay?