Well Mother%$@!... AGAIN!!

SicShelby

So here is the deal... after Krieger completed the TSB (new clutch, flywheel, and synchro's), there was this strange vibration. They ordered a new DS and flange for the tranny (the flange took a month and a half to get here, I might add), and they just put them in this Monday. It didn't fix the problem. The following day the tech adjusted the pinion angle and the vibration went away.

SO, no vibration, everything shifts fine, we're good. BUT, after getting it back and driving it on the freeway, I have a "clunk" from the rear suspension after I hit a bump. This was obviously generated from the pinion angle being changed.

My question is... any idea where the clunk is coming from, and how an adjustment could be made on the pinion angle without adjustable UCAs??

This is on the GT500 (2008).

Guest Removed

if nothing is adjustable,,, then how the hell did he adjust it?

i dont seem them installing a adjustable upper control arm to adjust pinion angle in that...

there is only one upper arm in these mounted to the top of the diff btw

Guest tbutera2112

i told you not to take your car back to them....they fuck everything up

bet you wish you would have listened to me

hope it works out man

hope it works out man

Wow, you're such a pillar of hope :-D

Still fucked up I see Gabe, at least you got a car this time :-\ You should make them start paying for your car payment as well.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Wow, you're such a pillar of hope :-D

Still fucked up I see Gabe, at least you got a car this time :-\ You should make them start paying for your car payment as well.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

No kidding!! I am just happy I have the freegahn thing! And I thought about bringing up the car payment to them last time, but I kind of need them to be nice.

I think that my best bet is to (yes), bring it back to them, show them the issue, then request a field service rep to come out and diagnose the car.

I am absolutely TIRED of the incompetence at Krieger.

Wonder if they changed the shim thickness on the carrier bearing.

But wouldn't a +/- change in the carrier be compensated by the front and rear, and not make a difference?

hope it works out man

You car and mine are *not* the same thing.

This.

I wonder if it is something loose in the suspension for some odd reason.

I will try to verify this weekend. You are right, could be something simple, but I doubt it, considering that the change was generated from the adjustment in the pinion angle.

Thanks all!

Guest Removed

I will try to verify this weekend. You are right, could be something simple, but I doubt it, considering that the change was generated from the adjustment in the pinion angle.

Thanks all!

or thats just what they told you. remember one thing. dealers will bs you. 99% of the time, the service writer has no idea what a tech really did out back in the shop.