Michael Jackson is Dead

Browning

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Michael Jackson. Artist, human being, and good soul.

He gave huge amounts of money and charity to children's causes pulling untold numbers of children out of starvation, poverty and destitution around the world. He gave people worldwide joy and happiness thru his songs and entertainment (just read a figure on the charity dollars and other charity works, its staggering). By way of comparison, 99.99% of CR members lifetime achievements amount to ultimately pointless arguing about their automobiles and jerking it to manga.

If you believe he did molest children, you are gullible, malleable, and ignorant of the way the world works (especialy lawsuits looking for $), and if I wasnt so damn lazy I could soak you for every dime you have, given how manipulate-able you clearly must be.

Not going to go any further into defending him from the witless hordes.

RIP Michael

Yes.

I always felt like he was an asexual being. A lostboy Peter Pan figure trying to capture a childhood he never had. I bet he didn't touch any dinkers.

He gave huge amounts of money and charity to children's causes pulling untold numbers of children out of starvation, poverty and destitution around the world. He gave people worldwide joy and happiness thru his songs and entertainment (just read a figure on the charity dollars and other charity works, its staggering). By way of comparison, 99.99% of CR members lifetime achievements amount to ultimately pointless arguing about their automobiles and jerking it to manga.

If you believe he did molest children, you are gullible, malleable, and ignorant of the way the world works (especialy lawsuits looking for $), and if I wasnt so damn lazy I could soak you for every dime you have, given how manipulate-able you clearly must be.

RIP Michael

This is what I was going for. I'm glad that rational people still exist.

This is what I was going for. I'm glad that rational people still exist.

Im glad that people with good morals and a proper understanding of what is right and wrong still exist.

After reading some replies to my posts last night, I started to wonder if I was a heartless prick but, now I see that other people feel the same way that I do about it. 96ragtop's point that he made is exactly what I was thinking about today. Just because you did some good, does not mean that its ok to do some bad.

He was the personification of everything that is wrong with pop music for the last 30 years. The ONLY good thing he did in his entire career was "Thriller", and it's VERY debatable how much of that was actually his own ideas.

I will have to disagree...MJ was a musical genius. He blended soul, pop, rock into one. His mark will be left in music forever. I would find it hard to debate who had a larger impact on music, him or Elvis.

It's funny to me how people are only remembering MJ for ACCUSATIONS... And how the insurmountable amount of money the man has raised is chalked up to "Some Good"..Let's face reality this man has probably raised more money for charity than any other 1 person in history.

If those kids were honestly "molested" aren't the parents just as guilty of child prostitution for excepting the settlement money?

My $0.02

It's funny to me how people are only remembering MJ for ACCUSATIONS... And how the insurmountable amount of money the man has raised is chalked up to "Some Good"..Let's face reality this man has probably raised more money for charity than any other 1 person in history.

If those kids were honestly "molested" aren't the parents just as guilty of child prostitution for excepting the settlement money?

My $0.02

You know what? You're right, I guess I can look past his child molesting because he was a big fund raiser for charities and the King of Pop.

Or we can put it off on the parents and act like he did no wrong because he made "Thriller man, Thriller"...

Ima just "Say, Say, Say" this. Yes he was a great musician and an icon but just because hes MJ doesnt mean he didnt harm those kids. Now Ima "Beat It" because I dont "Wanna Be Startin Somthin"

You know what? You're right, I guess I can look past his child molesting because he was a big fund raiser for charities and the King of Pop.

Or we can put it off on the parents and act like he did no wrong because he made "Thriller man, Thriller"...

Ima just "Say, Say, Say" this. Yes he was a great musician and an icon but just because hes MJ doesnt mean he didnt harm those kids. Now Ima "Beat It" because I dont "Wanna Be Startin Somthin"

Yeah I'm sure you know exactly what happened because you were what? in his bedroom? or you happened to watch T.V and saw a news report....? or wait..you read something on the internet?

Again, they are just accusations. Pretty sure that there are a shit ton more people that were close to him saying that he did not molest children than what there are saying he did.

"On June 13, 2005, the jury found Jackson not guilty on all charges." He did not buy his way out of it, he was found not guilty.

I have never stated that im looking past what was accused. Im looking at all the reason ive come to love MJ. But excatly what was stated found not guilty, and what i stated on my original post if he actually did it he will pay for it where he goes. Why is it when someone does something great there all always haters tryna bring you down and tarnish your name? Its not cool that this is going on. And i feel some of the people hating on MJ(not just you guys on here) dont realize how big of an impact he had on music and my life personally. I know im only 22 but when i was young enough to understand music HE was what i listened to HE made me move and dance HE got me sing knowing i cant. I wish i could say anything more but whatever i say there is always one more person ready to rebuttle it with the same BS. So rest in piece MJ

He was the personification of everything that is wrong with pop music for the last 30 years. The ONLY good thing he did in his entire career was "Thriller", and it's VERY debatable how much of that was actually his own ideas.

How many pots have you smoked?

RIP Michael

+1 RIP...

Im glad that people with good morals and a proper understanding of what is right and wrong still exist.

After reading some replies to my posts last night, I started to wonder if I was a heartless prick but, now I see that other people feel the same way that I do about it. 96ragtop's point that he made is exactly what I was thinking about today. Just because you did some good, does not mean that its ok to do some bad.

So, what the fuck are you actually arguing? Are you upset that there are some people who do not subject themselves to media worship enough to let their gullibility take over their emotions?

There are a couple facts in this mess that you are too ignorant and void of thought to realize:

Fact 1: MJ has contributed loads of money and time to charities, children and more humanitarian work than most are willing;

Fact 2: He has contributed hugely to nearly every form and genre of music, post-70s, whether you liked his music or not.

This is where your brain finally turns on, only considering accusations or other assumptions that you have little physical proof and completely neglect MJ's influences on music, video and dance that have actual influence on the era we live in.

Assumption 1: News stories cycle that MJ is being charged with child molestation; he is found not guilty, so therefore he is guilty.

Assumption 2: MJ has carnival equipment on his property. This fits perfectly in to the role of a pedophile, so he obviously must be a boy-lover.

Seriously, you don't realize how incompetent you seem to judge a man based solely on a few television exposures, like interviews and trial coverage.

...and some more erroneous logic on your part:

Even if you were to assume that he is in fact guilty, does celebrating his musical contributions somehow imply that you are celebrating child molestation? Yeah, your logic is golden.

Guest Removed
Oh and "Beat It" is one of the best songs/music videos of all time.

Thanks to Quincy.

Just because someone can dance and sing, and be surrounded by the most talented artist management/brokering firms, we should grant them free passes at the young and impressionable youth?

Being that he was only year younger then me, I grew up with him, and remember his up and downs. So for what it's worth, as talented as he was, he was equally mentally damaged by his fame and childhood abuse. In the end his is a sad story.

Also IF I thought my children had been molested by anyone there is no amount of money I could be paid to let this person stay out of jail and possibly hurt someone else's child, especially if I could put him in jail, and take his cash!

I've been saying this ALL day long to people!