Michael Jackson is Dead

Browning

How many pots have you smoked?

Not enough to make inane lyrics and repetitive tunes entertaining. I pray every day that I never lose enough IQ points to enjoy the vacuous bubble-headness of the post-MJ pop-music era. Seriously, listen to WNCI for an hour, it's like a twisted, dumbed down version of the Pachelbel Rant. (

seriously, one of the funniest music jokes ever.)

BTW Elvis wasn't any great shakes either. The only thing he was doing differently from MANY other singers of the time was being not black.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what the fuck are you actually arguing? Are you upset that there are some people who do not subject themselves to media worship enough to let their gullibility take over their emotions?

There are a couple facts in this mess that you are too ignorant and void of thought to realize:

Fact 1: MJ has contributed loads of money and time to charities, children and more humanitarian work than most are willing;

Fact 2: He has contributed hugely to nearly every form and genre of music, post-70s, whether you liked his music or not.

This is where your brain finally turns on, only considering accusations or other assumptions that you have little physical proof and completely neglect MJ's influences on music, video and dance that have actual influence on the era we live in.

Assumption 1: News stories cycle that MJ is being charged with child molestation; he is found not guilty, so therefore he is guilty.

Assumption 2: MJ has carnival equipment on his property. This fits perfectly in to the role of a pedophile, so he obviously must be a boy-lover.

Seriously, you don't realize how incompetent you seem to judge a man based solely on a few television exposures, like interviews and trial coverage.

...and some more erroneous logic on your part:

Even if you were to assume that he is in fact guilty, does celebrating his musical contributions somehow imply that you are celebrating child molestation? Yeah, your logic is golden.

I completely agree that at one point in his life, he was a great musician. I already stated that when I was growing up I was a HUGE fan of his. But, no amount of "contributions" to anything will ever wash away the thoughts of a man doing inappropriate things to a child. Therefore I am not sad about his passing. In my opinion he died along time ago. And you can say he was found "not guilty" all you want but, he had more than one child accuse him of similar acts. Do you think its really a coincidence? And I by no means "worship" the media, I barely pay attention to the news, tabloids, etc. But, I can look at a situation and judge for myself how I feel about it. There was just as much media coverage about him being innocent as there was for him being guilty.

And +1 to the guy above this post. ^^^ Plus, MJ had no effect on Punk Rock or Metal.

I completely agree that at one point in his life, he was a great musician. I already stated that when I was growing up I was a HUGE fan of his. But, no amount of "contributions" to anything will ever wash away the thoughts of a man doing inappropriate things to a child. Therefore I am not sad about his passing. In my opinion he died along time ago. And you can say he was found "not guilty" all you want but, he had more than one child accuse him of similar acts. Do you think its really a coincidence? And I by no means "worship" the media, I barely pay attention to the news, tabloids, etc. But, I can look at a situation and judge for myself how I feel about it. There was just as much media coverage about him being innocent as there was for him being guilty.

And +1 to the guy above this post. ^^^ Plus, MJ had no effect on Punk Rock or Metal.

You have in your mind "Thoughts of a man doing inappropiate things to a child" When things like this are reported by the media, it must be true no matter what happens in court right? I hope I'm never accoused of any wrong doing and your a judge.

You have in your mind "Thoughts of a man doing inappropiate things to a child" When things like this are reported by the media, it must be true no matter what happens in court right? I hope I'm never accoused of any wrong doing and your a judge.

I think my mind was made up after he paid 22 million out to that kid and just because you are found not guilty does not mean you are not guilty.

OJ

A man died and all some of you can focus on are former accusations against him. If they were facts I could understand, but they are not... Its as simple as that.

How he tried to make this world a better place....

AIDS Project L.A.

American Cancer Society

Angel Food

Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles

BMI Foundation, Inc.

Brotherhood Crusade

Brothman Burn Center

Camp Ronald McDonald

Childhelp U.S.A.

Children's Institute International

Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund

Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation

Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)

Dakar Foundation

Dreamstreet Kids

Dreams Come True Charity

Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation

Juvenile Diabetes Foundation

Love Match

Make-A-Wish Foundation

Minority Aids Project

Motown Museum

NAACP

National Rainbow Coalition

Rotary Club of Australia

Society of Singers

Starlight Foundation

The Carter Center's Atlanta Project

The Sickle Cell Research Foundation

Transafrica

United Negro College Fund (UNCF)

United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope

Watts Summer Festival

YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw

Feel free to have your own opionion... but stop looking down your nose at a man that did more for this planet in a day than you will do in a lifetime based on accusations. Michael Jackson, Yes you were weird :p but you touched people through your talent, inspired billions, gave relentlessy, and did your part to help out this messed up world. You are now in front of the ultimate judge.. RIP

I think my mind was made up after he paid 22 million out to that kid and just because you are found not guilty does not mean you are not guilty.

OJ

Where were this kids parents? Waiting to get paid. Would you take money from someone who hurt your child? Or put them away, and take their cash.

Where were this kids parents? Waiting to get paid. Would you take money from someone who hurt your child? Or put them away, and take their cash.

Im not going to disagree with what you're saying because its true. I guess its ok to molest a child as long as the parents are cool with it because in the long run they will get paid.

If this was some regular Joe on the street you would have recieved a letter in the mail informing you that a sexual offender moved into the hood.

Please provide me with any lower-profile cases where a man was convicted solely on a child's accusations of anything, for any crime with little to no evidence other than a child's word.

I could care less that you have the "feeling" that MJ is guilty. Any the media covering stories about him being innocent? Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense for gaining ratings.

Well people dont typically get randomly accused of crimes for no reason. Yes I know innocent people do get convicted and imprisoned but, not that often. Why would you even put yourself into a position where you could be accused of something? If you dont want to get accused of fooling around with children then, do not put yourself into that position by having "special" relationships with them.

And for the last time, I understand he was a great artist at one point in time. But, that ended shortly after the Jackson Five, with the exception of Beat It.

Well I had heard Michael wanted to be cremated upon his death...

It was said that would be an easy process since he was made mostly of plastic.

That way he could be cremated into legos so kids can keep playing with him

When Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven, God told her she could have one wish, she said that she wanted all the little boys and girls of the world to be safe and, well... you know what happened a few hours later.

Im sorry, still too soon. I even worded the end a little nicer but, I had to share it.

When Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven, God told her she could have one wish, she said that she wanted all the little boys and girls of the world to be safe and, well... you know what happened a few hours later.

Im sorry, still too soon. I even worded the end a little nicer but, I had to share it.

Idiot.

Edited by Kurt B.

I heard on the radio this morning on my way to work, that the kid that originally accused mj back in 93 said it wasn't true. That his dad forced him to lie and say he did it, so they could get paid. Just what I heard on the radio, anybody else hear about it?

A man died and all some of you can focus on are former accusations against him. If they were facts I could understand, but they are not... Its as simple as that.

How he tried to make this world a better place....

AIDS Project L.A.

American Cancer Society

Angel Food

Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles

BMI Foundation, Inc.

Brotherhood Crusade

Brothman Burn Center

Camp Ronald McDonald

Childhelp U.S.A.

Children's Institute International

Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund

Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation

Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)

Dakar Foundation

Dreamstreet Kids

Dreams Come True Charity

Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation

Juvenile Diabetes Foundation

Love Match

Make-A-Wish Foundation

Minority Aids Project

Motown Museum

NAACP

National Rainbow Coalition

Rotary Club of Australia

Society of Singers

Starlight Foundation

The Carter Center's Atlanta Project

The Sickle Cell Research Foundation

Transafrica

United Negro College Fund (UNCF)

United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope

Watts Summer Festival

YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw

Feel free to have your own opionion... but stop looking down your nose at a man that did more for this planet in a day than you will do in a lifetime based on accusations. Michael Jackson, Yes you were weird :p but you touched people through your talent, inspired billions, gave relentlessy, and did your part to help out this messed up world. You are now in front of the ultimate judge.. RIP