hello!

frenchy chan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfftt, Mazda3's are slow. What coilovers are you using? Get a front sway bar immediately, it's so epic.

yes they can be somewhat slow because they are heavy but they are still a blast to drive. they handle great

we have mazdaspeed coilovers made by kw

yes they can be somewhat slow because they are heavy but they are still a blast to drive. they handle great

we have mazdaspeed coilovers made by kw

I was being ironic because I own one ;) But really get an FSB, it tightens up the cornering by boatloads. Under intensive cornering, my car has pulled 1.00g of cornering force, and that's on A/S tires!

I was being ironic because I own one ;) But really get an FSB, it tightens up the cornering by boatloads. Under intensive cornering, my car has pulled 1.00g of cornering force, and that's on A/S tires!

we also need to get some racing seats because the regular 3's seats suck and when you corner, you are slid out of your seat.....not good when racing! :rolleyes:

here's a pic of myself from sat @ mid-ohio

(my ranger is on the left :) - the 3 is in front of it, but you can't see it)

....and yes that is my daughter (she's wearing a mazda shirt :))

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/_DSC8608.jpg

Cute kid!

+1 for owning a quality :thumbup: camera ....even if it's a Nikon ;)

Just work on the exposure and White Balance a bit. Shutter is a bit high, but then it was compensating for the ISO setting and lack of Neutral Density Filter which would help with his Aperture setting.

Have him pop up the stock flash too. Works great as fill flash in such settings. Using that would negate the -.33 exposure setting and the above mentioned too.

Lastly, just have him back up and shoot it at about 80mm. The wide angle he used doesn't do you justice :p 80-120mm is a good focal length for this shot. It would allow a nice Depth of Field with a higher aperture setting too.

Remember, Shutter will control the exposure of the background. Let the camera and flash expose you the subject. Nikon has one of the better metering systems when it comes to flash photography.

Back OT now :o

Cute kid!

Just work on the exposure and White Balance a bit. Shutter is a bit high, but then it was compensating for the ISO setting and lack of Neutral Density Filter which would help with his Aperture setting.

Have him pop up the stock flash too. Works great as fill flash in such settings. Using that would negate the -.33 exposure setting and the above mentioned too.

Lastly, just have him back up and shoot it at about 80mm. The wide angle he used doesn't do you justice :p 80-120mm is a good focal length for this shot. It would allow a nice Depth of Field with a higher aperture setting too.

Remember, Shutter will control the exposure of the background. Let the camera and flash expose you the subject. Nikon has one of the better metering systems when it comes to flash photography.

to continue ot about cameras...it's a nikon d700...i think he only brought 2 lens w/ him since he should've been shooting the car race and not me. this wasn't supposed to be a glamor shot of me :)

he usually fixes white balance, etc in capture nx, but i just stole that photo off his computer before he messed with it

i have no idea what his aperture, etc was set at, either....

You guys will never be able to catch fbodys your guys's cars are slow as shit!!

not the speed3's they can be fast with a few basic bolt ons. its a high 13 second car stock.

nice car!

can't remember everything that's been done to our car....

we had springs on it, but took them off to put on coil overs so we can raise or lower it

he's got a tripoint rear sway bar

cold air intake

etc etc

tons of little things.....like i said, i don't do the wrenching...

any mazda things going on in columbus??

we just did the mazda corral at midohio this past weekend for the race up there. that was fun. met some people from the cleveland6club and the indy rx-8 club

Thanks.

I'm trying to plan something for everyone to attend, but it keeps getting pushed back. Someday I'll get things organized.

I know a couple of those guys who were at Mid-Ohio. My buddy from PA was there with his lowered black hatch.

saw it. it was a nice car. there was a really nice silver protege5 there with custom interior and such....thousands of dollars in the car...loved it! had zoom zoom stitched into the doors

there might be a mazda corral @ midohio for indy weekend aug 7-9. tripoint mazda cars will be there :) yay!

• Upvote 2

we like road racing

you got my vote :) lets just hope you arn't scared of it like everyone else. :)

we also need to get some racing seats because the regular 3's seats suck and when you corner, you are slid out of your seat.....not good when racing! :rolleyes:

you probobly will need something with side bolsters but in the meantime scoot you seat back a little from where you want it pull the seatbelt all the way out release it then scoot your seat up the seatbelt will lock holding you in the seat.

Cute kid!

NO good pics use a flash.

Rachelle - you wouldn't happen to have once been a cheerleader and hung out with a girl named mallory would you?

oh look at my triple look how cool i am.

i bet you just love wasting your time reading 3 posts from the same person

:wtf: Not sure why you would say that, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it's way off base and flat out wrong.

in reference to cars that are not moving have you ever taken a better picture with the flash then without? i havn't ISO fstop and shutter speed are all you need.

how do you keep the reflectors from showing up and the flash out of the paint or windows?

in reference to cars that are not moving have you ever taken a better picture with the flash then without? i havn't ISO fstop and shutter speed are all you need.

how do you keep the reflectors from showing up and the flash out of the paint or windows?

i'm not a photographer, but to use a flash for parked cars, wouldn't you bounce the flash off a wall or use light boxes, etc to soften the light??

....and yay i can see the rest of the board :)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53063

Read dat.