Dragway 42 times and breakage! pics etc

Guest Removed

The car is going 2bar this week and the IAT sensor is being relocated a couple feet down, towards the FMIC. Once that's dialed in and the car retuned, the shift points will be brought back up again. Before, I was back-halfing 28mph with 7k shifts and running 10.80s at 130 consistently. Saturday I was back-halfing 27mph and running 11.20s at 127 in the heat with 6k shifts. I have some high hopes once dialed-in and making another 4psi with my 7k shifts back.

As for boost, the blower is pretty maxed and I'll be stepping up to a D-1 in the winter :)

2 bar, about time :) Why move the I.A.T. closer to the inter cooler, and away from the throttle body? Wouldn't that allow more time for the air to travel away from the sensor creating friction, and gaining heat? Either way its really not that big of a deal, just curious to get some info.

Regards

-Brandon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
trust me i would of but im broke as shit. i imagine that car sitting there for some time before i can even touch it ahhh

if it was something simple, i could have fixed it and let you slide till pay day.

2 bar, about time :) Why move the I.A.T. closer to the inter cooler, and away from the throttle body? Wouldn't that allow more time for the air to travel away from the sensor creating friction, and gaining heat? Either way its really not that big of a deal, just curious to get some info.

Regards

-Brandon

It currently sits right behind the radiator, heat soaking. Moving it 18" over will put it in a much cooler area.

It currently sits right behind the radiator, heat soaking. Moving it 18" over will put it in a much cooler area.

Then that makes sense, but wouldn't you have to re route the whole pipe away from the radiator to deter the heat, because just moving the sensor wont cool the charge, just trick the computer. And you cant hear soak the IAT its an element. I see what your saying but it sounds like the best route is moving the pipe.

-Brandon