Dragway 42 times and breakage! pics etc

Guest Removed

2.73 rear end? Wow I'd lower that along with tires and you'll be real happy. I'd say thats a great time with those gears though.

PICS http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68313

wait you were there? who were you?

So I had a personal best of spraying water on 20 plus cars about 10 times a piece! Lol ran pauls car and got a best of 14.5 @ 108? And jeffro's at 14.2 98. Fun stuff!!!

you embaressed me dammit... i was running 12's an you wer runnign 14;s lol....

my best was a 13.0 on bottle 1.9 60ft @ 108mph. the rest where real crappy because I was having bad clutch and traction issues. paul you got lucky because I spun so bad off the line. the neon will be owned soon!

yea ugh huh was this both runs we made? lol all in good fun man, the neon was running FASTTTT mph just couldnt get outt the hole at all. best 60ft was a 2.001 on street tires. ahh i need a new set up drag radials an i bet i can dip into 12.7 or 12.6 range.

I got a new best of 13.2 @ 108. I only gained 1 mph with the addition on the ls6 intake? I had a great time. Nice to meet some of you guys.

i didnt know that was you till anthony pointed it out when we were leaving. i kept trying to get a run with you but you wernt hot lapping your carlol . an when i took a break you ran haha

what went wrong? or what did you change that it didnt like?

but then 42 isnt one of the faster tracks

i picked up 4mph this track was hooking an people wer FLYING

but it was HOT an you coudl tell the cars just didnt like the heat

it was a good day i want the thank anthony an scott severly. after my car breaking we drove anthonys car back to columbus an he was gracious enough to drive his truck an trailer all the way back to drag way 42 to grab my car an him an scott got me an the car on the trailer. an drove all the way home. an got the car to my house. i dont know what i woudl of done with out them helping me out. thanks again guys

BTW I BEAT SCOTT at the track WOOOOO

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the creepy dude with the big camera:-) And no car to race

aghhhh ok well dang i wish you would of introduced your self as who you were. i just figured you were some wierd dude just wanted to take pics of random people lol

muahahahaha i see there is a pic of my canage

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/Drag%20Way%2042%206-27-09/IMG_0780web.jpg

woo me in the neon scott (nd2race) in the right lane(the losing lane :) )

aghhhh ok well dang i wish you would of introduced your self as who you were. i just figured you were some wierd dude just wanted to take pics of random people lol

If I had wanted to be real creepy I'd have worn a cuddly pedobear hat and been giving out candy.

poor scott

lol hes so pissed cause i keep brining it up every 5 minuites lol.... i almost feel bad at times then i jsut smile :bangbang:

If I had wanted to be real creepy I'd have worn a cuddly pedobear hat and been giving out candy.

naaa that woudkl of been i like candy haha

jeffro did a good job today as well he was focus for a bit on his 60 foot in this mustang. he even ran my car, but as good as he was doing he still was stairing at thsi all day

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/Drag%20Way%2042%206-27-09/IMG_0897web.jpg

Well it was a decent day, I had hoped for a little better but I've gotten a little conservative with the car. Best on motor was a 12.12 at 114, sprayed it and ran a 11.56 at 124 and had to wait until after second gear hit to engage it and i still spun pretty good. My 60' times leave a lot to be desired, car wasn't really bogging or spinning but it wouldn't do better then a 1.72 down about a tenth from last year. Couldn't get it to spin off the line, well unless I sprayed it. Not a bad first outing with the new combo, left a lot on the table. Oh well like I said not bad, need to tweek the tranny and play with the suspension.

keke, next year paul, next year keke. with some DRs i would cut some nice 60 fts

You have almost twice the engine and RWD :confused:

well you know those damn Neons, fucker caught me sleeping at the tree.:o

Bullshit.

Anyways, the quick rundown:

Started the day running 12.28@117 with the car breaking up badly. Ended up being a pair of spark plug wires. One was broken as the electrode stayed on the plug, the other wire wasn't even attached to the plug. Don't ask. I ended up having to steal a wire from my truck for the day to make some passes.

Made a pass, got out of it due to a bump in the track. I hot-lapped the car and went 11.23@121, 1.66 60'

I let it cool down, made another pass since my tuner was leaving and did some A/F tweaking, went 11.21@126, 1.61 60'

I was trying to figure out why in the hell, other than the heat, I was hitting low 11s and trapping off as well as my back-half MPH being down. My tuner trying to get me dialed-in had set my shift points back to stock, so the car was shifting at 6k RPMs and making only 9.5psi versus my usual 7k RPM shifts and making 13psi.

Made a final pass an hour later after the track started getting slick and went 11.21@127, 1.76 60'

I'm very happy with the car now and got some good launch techniques down. I can only imagine what it would done with the extra 1k RPM range and +3.5psi of boost.

best of the day was a 11.12 at 131.94 mph. that was my last run of the day.my times were all over the place,this was my first outing of the year and it showed!lol i need more practice.i figured out i needed to add more air to my slicks,they were bogging me down most of the day,my 60's were horrible.thought it was my clutch,but i just needed more air,lol.my last run car felt great,also had a 60' time closer to what im used to cutting-1.62.ive got some high tens in it the way it sits,just need more practice!

That is a bad ass car!