Leaving soon...getting nervous.

Massie02GT

I'm ex-Air Force. Best decision I ever made was joining that branch and getting into Computer Programming. Let the other branches bust your balls all they want. It's because either they're brainwashed or they realize after the fact that they joined the wrong branch of the service. :p There's a reason the Air Force is the envy of the others. We've got the best standard of living, best training, and treat our people better than anyone else. Be proud to serve, I still am and I've been out 9 years now.

My words of wisdom for Basic:

1. Do exactly as you're told. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. Don't volunteer for shit. If they still run basic the way they did 10 years ago, I'd say about the only thing I'd volunteer to do when they hand out the barrack duties is clean the day room. That's what I did. Cake job. Easier than latrine duty or whatever else.

3. For the love of God, do not get married in Tech School. Hell, I'd even offer up not to get married while you are active duty, unless you plan on making it a career. Two people I knew in Tech School knew each other for about a month and got married off base, and then tried to get stationed with each other. Freaking asshats. Stay focused on what you're there for. Pass all of your classes, as if you get washed back too many times, you can get kicked out. That was more than enough motivation for me when I was there.

Basic is more about the mental aspect, not the physical one. Just keep that in mind while you're there, as they try to mentally break you. Good luck, you'll do fine... :)

We just took a $100,000 contract away from Papa Johns through the Air Force... We'll have 2 trailers at EVERY Air Force Sporting even this year. Ill be at most of the football games I believe. My store and Michelle Liele's do all the delivery to the Academy, so we will pretty much represent the company at the games.

You sure about that? If only I had a dime for every Airman that told me, "I was gonna join the Marines, but..."

Yes, I'm sure about that. I've never met one Airmen who ever said they were gonna join the Marines, LOL... :lol:

You sure about that? If only I had a dime for every Airman that told me, "I was gonna join the Marines, but...the air force is so much better"

Sorry my bro is ex air force. I respect (almost) anyone who has served any branch of armed forces.

Well..I know pretty much nobody on here knows me, but I will be leaving 3 weeks from today for the Air Force basic training. I've been in the DEP (delayed entry persons) program for the past 4 months waiting to leave, and now that it's here I'm starting to freak out a tad. On one hand I'm absolutely pumped and ready for it, and on the other I'm nervous. Any input from people that have been through basic and all that?

Chair Force basic is like boy scout summer camp. It's a routine, you'll get used to it come week 2, then it'll tend to get a little easier on you. Like every military basic training, they'll break you down, just to build you back up. Key is to stay low, don't stand out, do just the minimum and you'll be fine. You just get un-wanted attention for being first and being last, so fall into the middle. Out of sight, out of mind works.

Other than that, don't ever turn down an opportunity to travel, even if it is to some shit hole in the middle east. Trust me, they're all worth it...

There's no such thing as a "shit hole" in the Air Force. UAE or Dubai is probably a shit hole to them :lol:

I will give some credit to the Tactical Air Controllers (TACP), they helped us out a bit with illumination at night and spotting a few hot spots. Cool guys, I think they had fun shooting shit up with us.

Like someone said..I think the hardest part will be being away from all my friends/family for so long.

Very True.

Like everyone says, just do what you are told. simple as that.

When i went to army boot, it didnt matter if you were screwing up or not (as a plt, because everything is as a team), they would try and mess with your head and make things seem 100% worse than it really was, cause you are cut off from the outside and everything you know comes from your drill sgt's and rumors. Just remember u are only there for a short time and nothing is what it seems lol.

Oh, and go to church on sunday so you dont have to stay and clean all day.;)

Yes, I'm sure about that. I've never met one Airmen who ever said they were gonna join the Marines, LOL... :lol:

That's funny, I seem to meet them all the time. Yet I've never heard a Marine say, "I should've joined the Air Force."

That's funny, I seem to meet them all the time. Yet I've never heard a Marine say, "I should've joined the Air Force."

Of course, you're a Marine yourself. It's not hard to figure out why you've never heard anyone say that... :lol:

Dude.. it's the fucking air force. If you were joining the Army or Marines I would say good luck, but.. it's the fucking air force. Have fun with your paid vacation of a "basic training." I would also say I appreciate your service, but from how good I've seen that they have it wherever I was deployed in the army, kiss my balls. The overflowers who "had" to live in the same housing as us got paid extra money for "unstandardized living" or some shit. My best advice is practice sitting in a chair enjoying air conditioning and being around sexy girls but not being able to get any ass because they'll want some good army dickin'. Go to a strip club vip section to get the same effect and soak it in, you'll be a sergeant or whatever the fucked up rank the chair force has in no time.

I've been drinking.

Dont be pissed,

I mean it is rough, my last trip to the sandbox I lived with 2 other people, in a 5 bed room house... Had my own bathroom and shower, a kitchen with all appliances, a queen sized bed, tv and my own ac unit in my room where i kept it at 65. Oh and that I will be putting o E5 in 2 months and have only been in 4 years.... oh and we had a swimming pool, hot tub, driving range, virtual golf course, put put, saunas, and issued a Huffy to get around base.

Dont be pissed,

I mean it is rough, my last trip to the sandbox I lived with 2 other people, in a 5 bed room house... Had my own bathroom and shower, a kitchen with all appliances, a queen sized bed, tv and my own ac unit in my room where i kept it at 65. Oh and that I will be putting o E5 in 2 months and have only been in 4 years.... oh and we had a swimming pool, hot tub, driving range, virtual golf course, put put, saunas, and issued a Huffy to get around base.

Yeah, why the hell would you want to be in the Air Force... :lol: