maf question

ruinms

anyone on here ever used a slot style maf for a s197 on a fox. i have a draw p-mas actually 2 of them. im wanting to get a blow thru setup for 60lb injectors.

i have heard of the s197 but have never seen detailed pics or a how to. any help is good thanks in advance

hum dont know who that is. i need the info and help. if it is as easy as i think it is i will give my cold side pipe to billet machine and have him make it work. does it just take a stock sensor of a 05-^ or do i need the high dollar sct part.

Guest Removed
hum dont know who that is. i need the info and help. if it is as easy as i think it is i will give my cold side pipe to billet machine and have him make it work. does it just take a stock sensor of a 05-^ or do i need the high dollar sct part.

its rather easy..mount it wire it and tune.

brady@ppc :p

he may even have the flanges to weld to the tubing

Guest Removed

he loves them, and i think he add's them to fox bodys etc..much easyer IMO.

and cheaper.

im sure he will chime in, he is not up all night thinking car like we are.

i'll be up there thursday with a customer requesting my carb skills on a tune on their dyno...

I run one in my 88mm turbo car in blow through my dad runs one in his 600rwhp lightning in blowthrough. Both HPX sensors in 3.5" tubing. The pigtail matches up color for color its easy.

Yes you can use a stock 05+ meter. If you are looking for one on a budget, I would check the local salvage yards for a totaled truck or car and yank the sensor with about 6"-8" of the harness. The middle 4 wires are for the maf, the outer two are for the intake air sensor which you could incorporate into the maf if you wanted for a cleaner install. HPX is a brand. They make very good sensors and the SCT BA5000 is good as well but I would look for a stock one first if you can find it.

Yes you can use a stock 05+ meter. If you are looking for one on a budget, I would check the local salvage yards for a totaled truck or car and yank the sensor with about 6"-8" of the harness. The middle 4 wires are for the maf, the outer two are for the intake air sensor which you could incorporate into the maf if you wanted for a cleaner install. HPX is a brand. They make very good sensors and the SCT BA5000 is good as well but I would look for a stock one first if you can find it.

thanks for giving me the info i was looking for. i belive there is a few on ebay for like 50.

yes i will be using a oem s197 no sn95. s197 is a slot style the dont have a housing its got a spot on the cold air for it to fit. looks like a need to sell my pmas setups. thanks for the help again