This is why I don't swim in the ocean

wagner

26' 6" long Basking shark, they have smaller teeth than you or I do and are harmless. But to say it wouldn't scare to piss out of me coming up next to that in the ocean I'd be lying!!

I agree

Guest tbutera2112
i would piss myself if one was swimming towards me.... sure its harmless, but im no marine biologist, i wouldnt be able to tell what kind shark it is by the massive fin moving through the water at me

Harmless yes, but as others said, I would probably lose it regardless. Having stepped on large sting rays in the Bahamas and had encounters with barracuda in San Juan, I can say that size isn't everything to scary ocean life... but it's still a big part of it.

i have been scuba diving off key west best experience ever. Saw quite a few sharks then a hammerhead and a bunch of black tip reef sharks. We even swam after them and they were a good 8 feet long. They were more afraid of us then we were of them. I was more worried about barracuda then the sharks cause barracuda will take off anything that is shiny and they just keep circling you.