WTB: Home Gym

FormulaMatt

I need a home gym to get back into basic lifting. I don't need anything professional grade, just something the wife and I can use in the basement. I don't really want free weights either. She really likes a pulley system, and with a ceramic tile basement, free weights spell disaster. Let me know what you have and a price. Pics would be great.

Thanks.

check craigslist for that stuff, people are always selling that stuff cause it dont work;)

Yes, I have been looking there. Just giving everyone here a chance too. I know it doesn't work as well as free weight, but its better than nothing and better than broken tile.

pics of your basement floor.....someone tiled the entire thing? sounds cool and different, can i see?

Yes, they tiled the entire floor. Its kind of nice at times, other times not just because its so hard. Super easy to clean though and a great area for the boxers to play. It will eventually come up though or have carpet or laminate wood flooring put down over it. I will get some pics when I get home. Really though, its just like any other room with tile.

You should look at this. Not mine, but i have been cruising craigs list for a f.i.d bench and saw this helluva deal.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/1276082168.html

Weider Platinum home gym, great condition - $225 (mount gilead)

Date: 2009-07-18, 8:59AM EDT

Reply to: sale-gensn-1276082168@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Cost $600, In fantastic condition, $225. Information below

Call Michael at 614-545-8305

• Over 75 Club Quality Exercises

• Digital Control Resistance

• Full Range of Motion

Product Description

Amazon.com Product Description

The Weider Platinum Weight System offers everything you need for a complete strength-training workout. The Platinum's hard-core resistance lets you perform lifts with up to 340 pounds of compounded bow resistance. The unique cable and pulley design provides you with a full range of motion. Change your weight resistance instantly at the touch of a button with the Digital Control Resistance feature--even when alternating exercises. This workout system gives you a total-body workout with over 75 upper- and lower-body exercises on stations like the incline bench, lat tower, leg developer, preacher curl, chest press, and high-low pulley.

Product Description

It's all about maximizing your workout getting the best possible results in the least amount of time. The Platinum Weight System is specifically designed to give you the best resistance combined with the greatest range of motion. Featuring the most advanced resistance source ever designed. It's called the Digital Control Resistance, or DCR for short. You get a full 340 lbs. Of hard-core resistance to accommodate almost any routine. Only the Platinum Weight System features the ultra-fast, easy resistance system that burns calories through proper circuit training allowing you to move from one exercise to the next in seconds, keeping your heart rate elevated. The Personal Trainer feature allows you to simply select the type of workout you want, and move on. You’re guided through a series of exercises, with the resistance and reps set automatically. You’ll also enjoy 75 club-quality exercises geared to give you a fat-burning, muscle-building upper and lower body workout

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://images.craigslist.org/3mf3o23p0ZZZZZZZZZ97i99ca59e2f81f1fb0.jpg

Thanks for the link. I did actually see that one and did some research on it. They appear to be notorious for the electronic resistance controller going bad. Apparently its not cheap to get fixed either. Otherwise, I would have been all over it. I think I will stick with the pin style weight selector.

Thanks for the link. I did actually see that one and did some research on it. They appear to be notorious for the electronic resistance controller going bad. Apparently its not cheap to get fixed either. Otherwise, I would have been all over it. I think I will stick with the pin style weight selector.

I didn not know that... I see bowflexs gor for cheap as well.

I have this Weider 9645 setup that is pretty much collecting dust in my basement (it's true, you can actually see the dust in the pictures). It's in really good shape, just doesn't get used as much as I would like. I have the assembly manual as well. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for. Yours for $125 I can disassemble for you as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/For%20Sale/DSC00863.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/For%20Sale/DSC00864.jpg

I have this Weider 9645 setup that is pretty much collecting dust in my basement (it's true, you can actually see the dust in the pictures). It's in really good shape, just doesn't get used as much as I would like. I have the assembly manual as well. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for. Yours for $125 I can disassemble for you as well.

PM on the way.

How much are you looking to spend? I have a Blowflex taking up sapce in the Loft...

KillJoy

A couple hundred at most for the right unit. I remember it up there. How much do you want for it?

PM on the way.

A couple hundred at most for the right unit. I remember it up there. How much do you want for it?

Not really sure.... it was $1000 new, and it barely got used. I would have to say more than a couple hundred though....

KillJoy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/For%20Sale/DSC00863.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/For%20Sale/DSC00864.jpg

LOL. we had the same one at my parents house when i was a teenager. we all wanted to work out, my dad went and got that, it got used for a month or so, then after that the seats became a scratching post for the cats.

when they got divorced my mom ended up giving it to one of the patients from the dr. office she works for.

Not really sure.... it was $1000 new, and it barely got used. I would have to say more than a couple hundred though....

KillJoy

I hear you for sure. I know that's a really nice unit and certainly worth more than I want to spend. Just a out of my range and needs right now. Thanks though.