Looking at trade, need opinion

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

For the same reasons the Dave mentioned.

I'm good friends with the President of the Road Devils CC and that group of guys absolutely despise that term because they consider their cars to be traditional rods or a period correct cars vs some thrown together death trap.

Like I said. I am not capable of having a long drawn out project so i need to be able to drive it within a reasonable amount of time. So that means 1. I need be able to get it done to the point I can cruise it around safely quickly, 2.I can do it using a reasonable amount of fundage. Once its driveable, I will finish it quickly because I will be super motivated. But if it sits and I cant drive it I will despise it quickly. So whos helping?

Whats safe? I will know what is all there in the morning. He states he has almost everything there to finish it. I wont do it 1/2 assed if I buy it nor will I buy all topof the line polished parts. Heres some stats: new box frame sbc 350 w/t 350 trans ford 9 inch rear end.

For the same reasons the Dave mentioned.

I'm good friends with the President of the Road Devils CC and that group of guys absolutely despise that term because they consider their cars to be traditional rods or a period correct cars vs some thrown together death trap.

They seem to like it on their homepage. Same club?

http://www.roaddevils.com/nytimes.html

“Some take the name rat rod as an insult, but we are proud of it,” said Jeff Mrozak, president of the New Jersey branch of the Road Devils Car Club. “

Guest tbutera2112

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/100_0768-1.jpg

not a truck, but its badass and it fits the thread!...wish that guy wasnt in the pic though

I'm with Tim in the use of the term "rat rod" getting completely overused, stretched, and now is somewhat useless.

ONE of the generally accepted origins of it comes from the car club the Shifters out of CA. They were pretty much the first to use the term in publication at least. They said that they refered to their rides as rat rods in comparing them to the Rat Bike phase of the 70s and 80s where people would put together bikes with whatever parts they could find laying around or get easy access to. It never meant rusted out hunks of crap or fiberglass cars with rust colored primer on them. :rolleyes: It merely meant the car was built to the best of their ability with the pieces they could most easily afford and find. I think people have taken that far away from the original meaning lately.

as for the project, I totally dig it. I hope to some day long down the road have a late 20s-early 30s roadster in steel. In the pictures, he casually blocks the entire rear view of the drivetrain with the angle he took it at, using the truck bed to block everything....so what's there exactly? As Tim mentioned the body and frame in good shape would net pretty much as much as your bike, but it also looks like the front corners on the body need some love. If the drivetrain is in place and not f-d, I'd say take the deal.

I say go for it. Who know when you will be able to ride your bike again and the truck could be something fun for just more then you. I'm doing the same right now with my 51 Ford Custom. I want it safe and reliable on the road, the looks will come second. If I cant take something out and enjoy it, I will loose interest quickly and it will be sold off. My Ford i plan on keeping around for quite a while.

That was a little off topic I know, but i think it fits in line with how you think and your idea too.