TM Dirt Bikes?

r6allstar

I remember when they came out with a 125 years ago. It was, at that time, pretty much a Honda CR125 copy. Interchangeable parts between the two, etc. But that may have been mostly plastics, etc.

They were fast and reliable but had no dealer network to speak of.

hmm hopefully the dealer issue was resolved with this internet thing I hear people speak of ;)

come with full ohlins race suspension from factory along with excel wheels.. will look at it in person tomorrow but here is a pic.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6563/pics044tn9.jpg' alt='pics044tn9.jpg'>

hmm hopefully the dealer issue was resolved with this internet thing I hear people speak of ;)]

Partially true - but the internet ain't gonna work on the bike for you when you can't figure out what the Hell is wrong with it.

But most independent dealers should be able to work on it, assuming they can get parts easily enough.

I know the Ducati dealer down from Cycle Specialties in Cincy used to sell TM. Like Drew stated, cool bikes with trick parts. Only tough thing you'll have is parts sourcing for the motor. Everything else is probably pretty standard.

Have fun. Looks REALLY clean!

Jst a couple pics from the ride home.. only got to ride it today for a short time.. had the Brute Force out the rest of the time. But it seems pretty nice so far. I am already starting to try and find some local places in Columbus that can locate parts for me. It doesnt need anything now but give it time and I am sure it will. All else fails I gues some place in Akron called Coppersmith can find almost anything, I guess they were the ones who did all the maintenance on it before.

l_eda9ec89c82645b295e083095f820583.jpg

l_0e9c3949ed42459f945715923ef7e1d2.jpg

Edited by r6allstar

• 1 month later...
no not KTM.. TM. ANyone know much about them? Am looking at a 2003 Tm 250mx dirt bike this weekend. All I have read abou tthem is that it is an Italian race bike, but I dont know much about how they hold up compared to other. Anyone? 12oclocker?

from the pics I've seen, looks like a honda clone, as long as you can get parts, and if its dirt cheap, and you do your own work, you probably be ok. I bought a cheap china 4 wheeler for my daughter, new out of the crate, im pretty sure the valve guides were leaky direct from the factory, but for the price, can't beat it, I paid $400. it was a Lifan engine, which for the most part copied their design and parts from honda. you should be able to find parts pretty cheap if you look hard enough.

Edited by 12oclocker