ups fails. updated

jeffro

Guest tbutera2112
that isnt UPS fault, blame whoever shipped it for putting that shit in a box and not having anything in it to make it not jumble around....most trans we get through the building come in crates or on a pallet

Guest tbutera2112
Who ships a transmission in a box? Put that shit on a pallet and ship it properly.

you would be surprised the shit people send through UPS...ive seen 50lb boxes taped with fucking scotch tape :wtf: or people put a small heavy item into a huge box then it jumbles around and fucks the box up .... or when theres a 150lb box with one strip of packing tape to hold it closed....cant forget the duct tape, staples, glue, etc....people are fucking retarded

you would be surprised the shit people send through UPS...ive seen 50lb boxes taped with fucking scotch tape :wtf: or people put a small heavy item into a huge box then it jumbles around and fucks the box up .... or when theres a 150lb box with one strip of packing tape to hold it closed....cant forget the duct tape, staples, glue, etc....people are fucking retarded

At work today, I packed up a printer to be shipped. I covered the entire box in packing tape, and now i can just slide it around on the carpet waiting for UPS to pick it up :p

Guest tbutera2112
At work today, I packed up a printer to be shipped. I covered the entire box in packing tape, and now i can just slide it around on the carpet waiting for UPS to pick it up :p

better to have too much tape than too little...pisses me off picking up boxes and having the shit fall out everywhere because people dont have common sense enough to use more than one piece of tape on a 50lb box

better to have too much tape than too little...pisses me off picking up boxes and having the shit fall out everywhere because people dont have common sense enough to use more than one piece of tape on a 50lb box

:lol: there were loose bolts in that box, i wonder how many fell out

Guest tbutera2112
:lol: there were loose bolts in that box, i wonder how many fell out

we get entire boxes full of screws and bolts....thousands in one box...held together with nothing but those big staples...if one of those breaks *which happens once or twice a week* theres tons that get lost

I have had many issues with UPS damaging things that were sent to me. It is a pain to go through their claims process. And then they send the claim money to the shipper instead of me the person who filed the claim. I HATE UPS. No offense to any of you who work their. :)

We get UPS all the time like every day and almost never have a problem, why the fuck did they put a transmission in a box? You are blaming UPS for trying to pick up a cardboard box that has transmission in it? Are you guys high. That shit should have been on a pallet. I would be pissed at who you bought it from. Looks like they tried to pick that shit up and it fell out the bottom, not the fault of UPS!!!

Man, I've shipped stuff out in packaging that had mine-resistant vehicle manufacturers taking notes, and UPS still managed to utterly destroy it. Last month, we shipped a 10in x 14in x 7/8ths in thick. It was packed in a crate measuring 24x32x14, made of 2x4s for a frame with 1/2in plywood panels. The interior was filled with layered polyfoam and cardboard. There was at least 3in of shock-absorbing material between the glass and any part of the crate. The glass itself will take a 50lbs weight dropped from 2 feet up without breaking.

They SHATTERED it. The crate looked like it got hit by a train. One corner had GRAVEL embedded in it, and of COURSE we were told it wasn't dropped.

We get UPS all the time like every day and almost never have a problem, why the fuck did they put a transmission in a box? You are blaming UPS for trying to pick up a cardboard box that has transmission in it? Are you guys high. That shit should have been on a pallet. I would be pissed at who you bought it from. Looks like they tried to pick that shit up and it fell out the bottom, not the fault of UPS!!!

This.

Guest tbutera2112

anyone ever been inside a UPS building? theres not many ways ups can fuck stuff up .... blame the people who dont know how to package a box....each person handles the box for 3 seconds or less, aside from the people who load the package cars.... stuff gets crunched in the belts some times around corners if the belt is loaded down

in school we packaged pringles and mailed them to ourselves, they survived.....if a SINGLE pringle can survive without damage, then your shit should all survive as well...blame whoever packs the boxes, because theyre fucking idiots

its not like in movies where employees in a post office carry shit around....there is miles of belts inside the buildings to move the boxes

boxes go down a slide to get loaded onto semis, semi is stacked, delivered to the hub....from there, a person unloads the boxes onto an extending belt that comes into the truck with you for as far as you go into it...unloader lifts the box and sets it on the belt, no carrying it anywhere...belt takes it down to a sort isle...on the way to the sort isle it is scanned and a sticker is put on it...from the sort isle, the box is put onto a different belt according to whatever the sticker says...those belts are all right there behind the sorter and there is nothign required but to move the box from one belt to the next...from there, residential packages and some smaller business routes are sent down to a big slide, the bulk stops and packages going to different hubs get sent to a slide on the other sides of the building.... bulk stops and out of states get loaded and either taken to their destination or to a different hub where the process is repeated....the residential boxes get sorted into cages...theres cages on a track that go around in a circle...on the outside of the circle are the package cars (delivery trucks) the loaders take packages out of the cages and load them by numeric order onto the trucks, never walking more than 10 feet with a box.....any packages over 70lbs or longer than 5ft never go on the belts...they are taken off the trucks and put down a slide where a guy drives around on a tug and picks them up and delivers them directly to the trucks

damage occurs when the belts get to pinch points and are too full...boxes get crushed by other boxes.... if the person who packages the box did a shitty job, that is what happens...stuff breaks...if the shipper properly packs the box, it will not crush and will not be damaged at all

also, on heavy boxes....if you take a bowling ball and drop it into a 3'x3' cardboard box with one piece of tape on it....its going to fuck up the box, and probably the ball also since its not secure