Car Insurance?

Cordell

State Farm here. We use them for all of our insurance needs and have done so for 12 yrs now. Of course they give discounts for multiple items i.e. home, vehicles and being over 25. I have a couple of speeding/reckless driving tickets as well. My deductible is 500 on everything and the monthly is cheap. Give them a call.

first question I have for you is how many points do you have?

Depending how far back you go, but for the past 3 years I have 4 points. Two 15 over speeds and a no fault accident. Been clean for the past year and a half. Currently paying $280 a month for my wife and I, full coverage on our 01 Impala, and 02 Z28, plus liability on my 88 junk S10. My reckless op, a couple accidents, and other speeding tickets have dropped off. I used to have 10 points on my licence and paid this 4 years ago, because the only time it dropped was when we moved into Licking county.

Damn..if you havent already, id call places one at a time... ask about it. Kind of a pain but when I called Progressive they really helped cut it down and pretty much took off a ticket a little early for me. It was suprisingly nice doing business with them...

Insurance will evaluate / charge for minor violatins for 3 years...majors only surcharge for the same 3 years but company place in non-standard carriers for 5 years.

So what you're saying is that if I stick with the same company they look 5years back? Shit, when i turn 25 I'm shopping around. I'ts not any cheaper through Nationwinde and I have my homeowners Insurance through them FML :(

Give us some insight on how many points you still have and when / what the violations were.

For clean drivers or nearly clean drivers you won't beat State Farm's prices. They have the lowest cost model of any company in the industry and there's a reason they hold nearly 40% of the market. You do have to elect additional coverage to make sure OEM parts are used in repairs if that makes a difference to you. Most companies are doing this now though so you'd have to do that almost anywhere.

However if you don't qualify for their standard company coverage their rates are not as attractive and some of the smaller carriers (Grange, Farmers, etc) may be able to be just as competative.

Andy

State Farm only uses OEM parts...weather it be new or used. After one major law suit the no longer write aftermarket.

I used to have state farm. After an accident claim that totalling my trans am, and 7k in receipts they dropped me. It was get dropped or not pay the invested value. There policy states that they will pay the previous 1 years worth of work performed on the car.

Switched to Nationwide, (doug reedy reynoldsburg) and will never look back. 4 license suspensions, 38 convictions, 3 totaled cars.... i pay 330 every 6 months for my truck, car, and camaro.

I'm right under $100/mo on the Supra with two priors, both over 15mph with Geico. They have awesome customer service and coverage. The cost was also less then an equivalent policy from Nationwide, State Farm, Progressive or Allstate.

Depending how far back you go, but for the past 3 years I have 4 points. Two 15 over speeds and a no fault accident. Been clean for the past year and a half. Currently paying $280 a month for my wife and I, full coverage on our 01 Impala, and 02 Z28, plus liability on my 88 junk S10. My reckless op, a couple accidents, and other speeding tickets have dropped off. I used to have 10 points on my licence and paid this 4 years ago, because the only time it dropped was when we moved into Licking county.

If your wreckless was within the last 5 years then you're being written by their non-standard company which is the main source of why your rates are still soo high.

When you're beyond that 5 year point from the date of your Wreckless you qualify to be written in a better company with lower base rates which will be of big help. If you're already past that point I'd shop around.

To be perfectly fair...with your history and to minors in the last 36 months you're still on the edge of acceptability for a standard carrier. Hell your credit could push you one way or the other if you're borderline. It's such a complicated matrix evaluation these days that it's difficult to make a call if your close to going one way or the other.

Andy

• 1 month later...
sorry for bumpbing this thread from over a month ago but does any ine have there numbers # looking to get a new insurance company

google?

edit. yup, just checked, they still do that kind of thing

double edit, you have too many cars/bikes/toys for one person, care to share?

Guest tbutera2112
i have geico and pay $63/month for both of my cars. you would probably start out higher than that, but every 6 months its drops by a decent amout. i also have 1 ticket for 59 in a 35 and mine didnt go up at all.

full coverage?

sorry for bumpbing this thread from over a month ago but does any ine have there numbers # looking to get a new insurance company

Russ Popp (State Farm)

614-471-5557

Based on the types of toys you have I have a hunch that they'll be very competative. I switched to them back in the day because they were able to cover my bike cheaper than anyone else around by a good margin. I've had no reasons to leave as they've always been great and rates have been more than competative for us.

Andy

I used to have state farm. After an accident claim that totalling my trans am, and 7k in receipts they dropped me. It was get dropped or not pay the invested value. There policy states that they will pay the previous 1 years worth of work performed on the car.

Switched to Nationwide, (doug reedy reynoldsburg) and will never look back. 4 license suspensions, 38 convictions, 3 totaled cars.... i pay 330 every 6 months for my truck, car, and camaro.

Same thing here. State Farm dropped me because of two accidents (neither were even my fault)!! The response I received was "[state Farm] isn't a 'high risk' insurance company."

I'm now with USAA since they extended their eligibility requirements. Anyone prior military should use them...