Car Insurance?

Cordell

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but my insurance won't go down. I've dropped half the points off of my licence, and Allstate doesn't care. We've exchanged a few phone calls lately with them telling me that my Z28 causes the extra money. I've been with them for 11 years, but they won't budge so fuck them. Who do some of you guys use or recommend?

Guest tbutera2112
LOL, that's who my wife had when I met her. They wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole.

i would try again...ive got drag racing, reckless op, couple speeding tickets, squealing tires, two suspensions (90 days and 1 year), 4 accidents (2 at fault, single car / 2 non fault, two cars involved), all of that before i was 18 and i still got insurance through them...look up john dawson insurance, theyre our broker

Give us some insight on how many points you still have and when / what the violations were.

For clean drivers or nearly clean drivers you won't beat State Farm's prices. They have the lowest cost model of any company in the industry and there's a reason they hold nearly 40% of the market. You do have to elect additional coverage to make sure OEM parts are used in repairs if that makes a difference to you. Most companies are doing this now though so you'd have to do that almost anywhere.

However if you don't qualify for their standard company coverage their rates are not as attractive and some of the smaller carriers (Grange, Farmers, etc) may be able to be just as competative.

Andy

i have erie, the vette full coverage with 2 tickets is 500/yr

how in the fuck.... :wtf: I have 3 tickets on mine and I drive a damn Grand Prix GTP but pay $280 a MONTH for full. Does the magic 25 years old help that much!?

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but my insurance won't go down. I've dropped half the points off of my licence, and Allstate doesn't care. We've exchanged a few phone calls lately with them telling me that my Z28 causes the extra money. I've been with them for 11 years, but they won't budge so fuck them. Who do some of you guys use or recommend?

first question I have for you is how many points do you have?

our family keeps state farm for home, cars and anything else and we have a great rep.

few weeks ago they told us that our deductible was going to go up from $500 a claim to $1000 a claim on our home and we promptly called our rep and he got the issue sorted out within the hour and we still only have a $500/ claim.

Guest tbutera2112
how in the fuck.... :wtf: I have 3 tickets on mine and I drive a damn Grand Prix GTP but pay $280 a MONTH for full. Does the magic 25 years old help that much!?

holy shit...i dont even pay that much a month for full coverage on my car and my supercharged truck....and my driving record is way worse, and im younger

Give us some insight on how many points you still have and when / what the violations were.

For clean drivers or nearly clean drivers you won't beat State Farm's prices. They have the lowest cost model of any company in the industry and there's a reason they hold nearly 40% of the market. You do have to elect additional coverage to make sure OEM parts are used in repairs if that makes a difference to you. Most companies are doing this now though so you'd have to do that almost anywhere.

However if you don't qualify for their standard company coverage their rates are not as attractive and some of the smaller carriers (Grange, Farmers, etc) may be able to be just as competative.

Andy

I'd like to believe this, but I had State Farm with a clean record and they were ripping me off. Agent wouldn't do a damn thing about it, so I went with Pekin (part of the Farmers group), and it's half the price.

I'd like to believe this, but I had State Farm with a clean record and they were ripping me off. Agent wouldn't do a damn thing about it, so I went with Pekin (part of the Farmers group), and it's half the price.

Sounds like you needed a different agent. Sadly some of them are in it just for their cut of what they can "sell" and aren't solely out there to cover your needs. If you had a clean record and qualified to be carried by a standard carrier State Farm *should* have been the cheapest given the same coverages and deductables.

I'd like to think I know a thing or two on this topic considering I write and maintain the code a certain local company uses to rate auto insurance business. The rates between companies have to be public knowledge and the information is all out there if you look hard enough for it. That's how company X can claim they will quote you what the other companies will charge you for business...because they actually can.

Andy

holy shit...i dont even pay that much a month for full coverage on my car and my supercharged truck....and my driving record is way worse, and im younger

+1. I'm older but don't pay that much to fully insure all 4 of my cars.

I know right, and I called around and that's what most places are telling me $250-300. Now... at the height of my tickets I had like 7 and 10 points on my license, but aren't they supose to fall off after 2 years, or does the insurance company go back further?

I know right, and I called around and that's what most places are telling me $250-300. Now... at the height of my tickets I had like 7 and 10 points on my license, but aren't they supose to fall off after 2 years, or does the insurance company go back further?

Insurance will evaluate / charge for minor violatins for 3 years...majors only surcharge for the same 3 years but company place in non-standard carriers for 5 years.