Would like to thank the residents of SWSC.

Skinner

so while you protest the govt making bad decisions our children suffer?

Yes. The gov't and leaders need are in the positions they are to make the call to support the kids and not let them suffer. It's bullshit they put the burden and blame back on the citizens. :finger: Fuck, if I'm going to have to keep shelling out money that others mis-manage, then perhaps the gov't leaders should step up and do their job and fund the educational systems.

Oh wait....Coleman and others are doing their job...they are cutting funding for education and libraries. Genius move guys. In fact, let's give those numbnuts more of our tax money...say 1/2% more with no strings attached. :rolleyes:

But it gets better, since they are doing such a fine jobs with the schools, let's let them have more control over health care. I'm sure they'll fix that system in a snap too :gtfo:

It's almost comical.

Tough times....tax the people more

Tough times....let's build a fucking trolly system :rolleyes:

Tough times....let's knock down some perfectly good downtown buildings and put a park in it's place. Hell, it will compliment all the overpriced housing downtown...but hey, the real estate market is on fire isn't it?

Oh, and if the people fight us on the taxes, we'll threaten to fire the public service folks like cops and firefighters. I mean, they don't want to see less troopers, sheriffs, freeway patrols, suburban cops all clocking speeders and bringing in less revenue do they? I mean what's 6 cops in a 2 mile stretch of 270 hurting by shooting laser every morning.

I'm sorry, to those that I offend, but we have plenty of PO-PO in Cbus. We sure as hell don't need the fleet of airplanes in Ohio that we have nor a greater number of Police choppers than NYC. Ground some of those bitches and tighten up the belt. We sure as hell don't need cops going 149mph and others trying to help them get away with it. You know what I would do with them.....

I don't think anyone here doesn't want to support education....but I for one am not about to flush more of my hard earned money into Issue 1 bullshit and then another school levy where the administration can't manage with what they have already.

Times are tough, if parents want their kids in programs like band and sports and they can't be funded with what the schools have, then they have to either do without or pay it themselves. Every public organization is crying out for more of the public's money and it has to stop. Fucking balance your budget and make do with what you have. I have to, why not the schools and city gov'ts.

Its more then sports they are cutting 74 jobs as well as bussing on top of sports, band, other function. Even if the levy passed the were not going to fill all the jobs back (I think maybe 24). You have to remember this is also the second largest school district and its only the second Levey they have had in the last 10 years that I can remember last one being 2 or 3 years ago but prior to that I can't remember one since I lived in the district.

I don't think anyone here doesn't want to support education....but I for one am not about to flush more of my hard earned money into Issue 1 bullshit and then another school levy where the administration can't manage with what they have already.

Times are tough, if parents want their kids in programs like band and sports and they can't be funded with what the schools have, then they have to either do without or pay it themselves. Every public organization is crying out for more of the public's money and it has to stop. Fucking balance your budget and make do with what you have. I have to, why not the schools and city gov'ts.

Really thanks for making my house worth even less now. Seriously who the fuck is going to want to move into a house or neighbor hood where the school district doesn't offer any sports programs, any after school or extracalicular activities. Yeah good luck with that. I mean really when looking at the extra cost for a home owner with a valued at $150k (thats actually high for Galloway and Grove City) you are looking at a extra $35 a month. Thats right $35 freakin dollars, now I understand that money is tight hell its tight for my family as well but if $35 (on average)extra a month is going to break you you my friend have bigger issues.

[/rant]

Some good points made in the first quote.

First Skinner, are you trying to sell your house? If so I am sorry for voting no, but my reason I felt was justified. The Boosters offered to pick the tab up for the extra curicular activities and the school officials said NO. Come on, the reason I felt they said no was because the sports were the best leverage they had to get the levy passed.

Listen guys, I had a late night the other night and my girl convinced me to go to a strip club and I spent way too much. Now my car payment will be due soon, are you going to help me pay it? Fuck no, why would you? I spent the money, it was my responsibility not to. Now I drive by Grove City High School on Hoover everyday. Guess what? They just redid the parking lot. They put up a big sign that said "Done with improvement funds, not operating capital" I understand that the money come from different budgets, but in this time of financial hardship wouldn't it make sense to look at that differently and petition the State of Ohio for that money to go to different areas? Just a thought, since the parking lot wasn't that bad.

I am truly sorry for those that have or are going to lose their jobs as a result of the Levy not passing, but what about those of us that have had to get other jobs to make ends meet? We have had to find other ways of meeting our obligations, so should the district. OH and so it is known I have some inside info on things the district has done that made me feel the way I do, and made me vote the way I did.

The bottom line is this.....This is supposed to be about he kids, not the a holes playing politics with their future. The boosters offered to pick up the tab, and the officials said no????? Why?

Now if I am misinformed, then forgive me, but paying more every year because the money wasn't managed correctly? Sorry, just doesn't seem fair...

My opinion, and that is all it is..An opinion.