Would like to thank the residents of SWSC.

Skinner

Really thanks for making my house worth even less now. Seriously who the fuck is going to want to move into a house or neighbor hood where the school district doesn't offer any sports programs, any after school or extracalicular activities. Yeah good luck with that. I mean really when looking at the extra cost for a home owner with a valued at $150k (thats actually high for Galloway and Grove City) you are looking at a extra $35 a month. Thats right $35 freakin dollars, now I understand that money is tight hell its tight for my family as well but if $35 (on average)extra a month is going to break you you my friend have bigger issues.

[/rant]

I feel your pain this now limits where I can look to buy a house. There is no way in hell I would even look at a home in this district no matter how good a deal it was.

The funny thing is listening to the people that said the education level was not up to par there. Now they are going to have to cut even more teachers to meet the budget, sports was a last ditch effort to avoid those cuts.

Maybe they can use that extra $35 a month to buy a clue.

35x12=420 a year extra in taxes for home owners. If those homeowners have no kids Im with them. I wouldnt want topay either even if I had the money to spend...Why should homeowner have to pay higher taxes because they are homeowners when people living in apartments dont have to...

35x12=420 a year extra in taxes for home owners. If those homeowners have no kids Im with them. I wouldnt want topay either even if I had the money to spend...Why should homeowner have to pay higher taxes because they are homeowners when people living in apartments dont have to...

Well that is how Ohio has the school funding set up. The schools and the kids get screwed and no it is not fair. Then the property owners then get scrwed when the levy goes down because your property value sinks.

Solution: Political officials need to remove head from ass and fix this issue.

It is a deeper issue besides all of this. Our value system as a country is fuct and no longer focused on the imporant things like education. People are more worried about what fatty is going to get voted off more to love...

Wouldn't the owner of the apt complex have higher taxes or are they excluded?

when some kid breaks into your car because he didn't have anything better to do after school, you will care (where he could have been playing a sport). or when you see some 18 year old getting welfare checks out of your hard earned money because he is too uneducated to get a job you will care regardless if you have your own kids. The kids in our schools affect everyone around them in one way or another. I think its pethetic people don't support schools more, shows where our society is going.

when some kid breaks into your car because he didn't have anything better to do after school, you will care (where he could have been playing a sport). or when you see some 18 year old getting welfare checks out of your hard earned money because he is too uneducated to get a job you will care regardless if you have your own kids. The kids in our schools affect everyone around them in one way or another. I think its pethetic people don't support schools more, shows where our society is going.

I think its pathetic that our government spends billions of dollars helping people in other countries when we have these types of problems right here and expect the hard working American homeowners to pick up their slack...

I think its pathetic that our government spends billions of dollars helping people in other countries when we have these types of problems right here and expect the hard working American homeowners to pick up their slack...

I agree with that as well, but thats not what we're talking about. we are talking about the children of our community. the children that will be working in the stores we go to, the banks we go to, and ultimatley will be running our country some day. I for one would like them to have the best education we can provide. And for people to sit around and say I don't want to pay more for schools that I don't utilize is ignorant, because it all comes around somehow. Like stated early, if you can't spare $35 a month to better the community in which you live you have bigger problems.

I agree with that as well, but thats not what we're talking about. we are talking about the children of our community. the children that will be working in the stores we go to, the banks we go to, and ultimatley will be running our country some day. I for one would like them to have the best education we can provide. And for people to sit around and say I don't want to pay more for schools that I don't utilize is ignorant, because it all comes around somehow. Like stated early, if you can't spare $35 a month to better the community in which you live you have bigger problems.

I think thats exactly what we are talking about. If our government would consentrate on Americans and the USA we wouldnt be having this discussion because we wouldnt have a problem with funding things that are of extreme importance like our school system.

With all the money being wasted on other countries problems why should I have to be forced into higher taxes. The money is there to make things all better in our communities. The government makes the choice not to spend it on us.

so while you protest the govt making bad decisions our children suffer?

I dont think any child should suffer for any reason. I also dont think all should be responsible for some...

They have private schools out there that give fine educations...

I don't think anyone here doesn't want to support education....but I for one am not about to flush more of my hard earned money into Issue 1 bullshit and then another school levy where the administration can't manage with what they have already.

Times are tough, if parents want their kids in programs like band and sports and they can't be funded with what the schools have, then they have to either do without or pay it themselves. Every public organization is crying out for more of the public's money and it has to stop. Fucking balance your budget and make do with what you have. I have to, why not the schools and city gov'ts.

I don't think anyone here doesn't want to support education....but I for one am not about to flush more of my hard earned money into Issue 1 bullshit and then another school levy where the administration can't manage with what they have already.

Times are tough, if parents want their kids in programs like band and sports and they can't be funded with what the schools have, then they have to either do without or pay it themselves. Every public organization is crying out for more of the public's money and it has to stop. Fucking balance your budget and make do with what you have. I have to, why not the schools and city gov'ts.

Agreed. I live in galloway and I'm glad they didn't pass the damn thing. You can't tell me with the amount we pay in taxes on EVERYTHING that they can't work something out. Fix the problems, don't just keep throwing mony at it.

good point. every school district is different. guess thats something that needs to be reaearched before going to vote.