I love the new vettes

Sam1647545489

That Lambo is about the best the supercar world has to offer and is more than twice the price of Vette, yet the Vette hung with the Lambo the entire time. Pretty impressive.

But for half the price of the new ZR1 you can get a used Z06 and throw 10k into the engine and suspension and have a car equal car to the ZR1.

Or for half the cost of a hopped up Z06 get a Turbo Hayabusa and just blow everyone on the road away ;-)

I couldn't have said it better...

But then you'd just have another vette like everyone else.. How many SVs have you ever seen?

Personaly, the SV looked much better mannered around the elevated turns and much quicker out of the turns than the ZR1 did. But, I suppose that could all be justified by how much experience each driver had too.

A lot of people seem to think price of vehicle should be relative to how well it performs. In my eyes, that can and should be true to a point. Yes, the SV is rediculously priced compared to the ZR1 when it comes down the specs on a sheet, but like I said.. do you want a Chevy or a Lambo to show off given you had the money to blow.

But then you'd just have another vette like everyone else.. How many SVs have you ever seen?

Personaly, the SV looked much better mannered around the elevated turns and much quicker out of the turns than the ZR1 did. But, I suppose that could all be justified by how much experience each driver had too.

A lot of people seem to think price of vehicle should be relative to how well it performs. In my eyes, that can and should be true to a point. Yes, the SV is rediculously priced compared to the ZR1 when it comes down the specs on a sheet, but like I said.. do you want a Chevy or a Lambo to show off given you had the money to blow.

The Lambo could get out of the turns quicker because it has AWD.

No matter how much money you throw at a C6 you will not = a ZR1. Maybe in a straight line, but this isn't a drag car. (Unless you get a C6RS...but then you;ve spent more then the ZR1 anyway.

The Lambo could get out of the turns quicker because it has AWD.

No matter how much money you throw at a C6 you will not = a ZR1. Maybe in a straight line, but this isn't a drag car. (Unless you get a C6RS...but then you;ve spent more then the ZR1 anyway.

False

Sure you can make something that puts up numbers similar to a ZR1, but put both cars on Barrett-Jackson in 30 years and see what happens. No matter what you do to a C6, you will never = a ZR1 in value, prestige, collectability, etc.

Sure you can make something that puts up numbers similar to a ZR1, but put both cars on Barrett-Jackson in 30 years and see what happens. No matter what you do to a C6, you will never = a ZR1 in value, prestige, collectability, etc.

true to a collector yea the cars better but collectors dont "drive" the car the way its susposed to be driven because of t he price an the rarity

some peopel actually drive these cars like there susposed to be driven. some people like sam garet, antwon, mark ect actually enjoy the cars

true to a collector yea the cars better but collectors dont "drive" the car the way its susposed to be driven because of t he price an the rarity

some peopel actually drive these cars like there susposed to be driven. some people like sam garet, antwon, mark ect actually enjoy the cars

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for driving the crap out of a car and enjoying it. I also think Mark's car is badass and I'm not selling it short. My point is that no matter what you bolt on a C6 (or any base car for that matter) nothing can equal the amount of development, tuning, and reliability of the ZR1 (or nearly any tuner car for that matter, there are exceptions, but you pay even more money for those names). The car is more then the sum of its parts, so sitting back and saying, "pfft, over-priced POS. I could build something better in my garage with 1/5 the budget" is a gross understatement.

You bought an SRT4. Why didn't you buy a base Neon and build some super sweet sport compact that was better for less money?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for driving the crap out of a car and enjoying it. I also think Mark's car is badass and I'm not selling it short. My point is that no matter what you bolt on a C6 (or any base car for that matter) nothing can equal the amount of development, tuning, and reliability of the ZR1 (or nearly any tuner car for that matter, there are exceptions, but you pay even more money for those names). The car is more then the sum of its parts, so sitting back and saying, "pfft, over-priced POS. I could build something better in my garage with 1/5 the budget" is a gross understatement.

You bought an SRT4. Why didn't you buy a base Neon and build some super sweet sport compact that was better for less money?

Wrong again....like Mark said, Ill take a used 07 Zo6 ($45K) and dump $77k into it and I WILL beat a ZR1 straight line and in the corners.

Period.

Let me add to that...

ZR1= $122k

I'll bet you that $122k that I can take half of it ($61k) and start with the stock C6 of my choice and beat a ZR1 in both a straight line and a road race track.

Same driver both cars.

That's a bold statement. And you are absolutely right.

Wrong again....like Mark said, Ill take a used 07 Zo6 ($45K) and dump $77k into it and I WILL beat a ZR1 straight line and in the corners.

Period.

You totally missed my point and you even bolded half of it. I didn't say anything about lap times in that quote. Sure, you can build a purpose-built tuned Vette that can lap or drag like a ZR1 or better. But the OEM's play by different rules. The ZR1 is an entire package that has to meet the same durability requirements, emissions requirements, heat test requirements, cold test requirements, etc. etc. as every other GM car. No tuner car will go through that much development.

Take the list of parts that are different between the C6 and the ZR1 and price them out. The carbon fiber, magnesium, half shafts, brakes, engine upgrades, damping system, etc. are not cheap either.

Don't get me wrong again, I don't have the money for a ZR1 and I'm more likely to be buying a base Vette and modding it. But as a factory car that meets all the OEM and government requirements the ZR1 is a badass ride that's worth every penny.

Let me add to that...

ZR1= $122k

I'll bet you that $122k that I can take half of it ($61k) and start with the stock C6 of my choice and beat a ZR1 in both a straight line and a road race track.

Same driver both cars.

So you are going to swap out to an all-aluminum frame, carbon fiber roof, etc??

Yes, you can get a standard C6 to outperform a ZR1 at all levels. And I will also bet you don't get it to be as reliable, comfortable, probably worse fuel mileage, and will probably weigh more unless you start pulling a number of comforts/safety items.