ford fails again

Guest tbutera2112

go tell the hundreds of lightning and harley owners this....you do have a lot of experience in these trucks

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/how-articles/18260-filling-supercharger-silencer-holes.html

Guess i stand corrected hundreds of lighting owners trump laws of thermal dynamics and physics.

I don't know but after reading that thread there seems to be a very slight risk of something falling into the motor correct? To me that would not be worth making the truck louder.

But those trucks are nice I think that would be the only ford truck I would own. Do they even still make them?

Guest tbutera2112

they still make them ...made some super duty models too...unless you mean lightning, and then no...but i dont own a lightning

if the jb weld somehow came off, it would be blown down to the intercooler, not into the engine or into the blower

everything ive read says it can increase temps in the supercharger by 3 percent, but will not affect the iat2 temps.... guess the intercooler does its job

i see where its argued for an against, but on a stock truck it is not going to make 1 bit of difference aside from sounding better

i had the s/c off to do the plugs, everyone said to fill the holes, i looked it up and tons of people do it with no negative effects at all, so i filled them

sorry if you dont approve of what i do to MY truck

they still make them ...made some super duty models too...unless you mean lightning, and then no...but i dont own a lightning

if the jb weld somehow came off, it would be blown down to the intercooler, not into the engine or into the blower

everything ive read says it can increase temps in the supercharger by 3 percent, but will not affect the iat2 temps.... guess the intercooler does its job

i see where its argued for an against, but on a stock truck it is not going to make 1 bit of difference aside from sounding better

i had the s/c off to do the plugs, everyone said to fill the holes, i looked it up and tons of people do it with no negative effects at all, so i filled them

sorry if you dont approve of what i do to MY truck

Hey just trying to help out.

I could care less if you paint pride flags on it and call it the hog wagon.

silencers arent anything important.... tell me why KB, whipple, etc dont have them if theyre so vital?

find me some proof that they hurt performance?

Because KB and Whipple work differently than an Eaton.

BTW, if you want a bit more sound, you could just connect your exhaust pipe to your A/C ducting, that'll give you a lot more noise.

Because KB and Whipple work differently than an Eaton.

Yep. KB and Whipple are screw-style superchargers, most Eaton's (certainly your M112) are half-helix style superchargers. Apples, oranges.

Wasn't trying to piss in your Wheaties or nothin', just letting you know it may not be the wisest idea.

getting a cone airfilteron your intake would increase the noise quite a bit and be 100% reversable and I would think easier, but not sure on those trucks.

That's what people did on the gtp's when I had one. Sounded badass for sure.

Did you just cover the backside of your blower with JB weld?

Just because a mass of people do something does not make it correct. This stands true in the society and the lightning community. More in society.

Edited by rl

Did you just cover the backside of your blower with JB weld?

Just because a mass of people do somthing does not make it correct. This stands true in the society and the lightning community. More in society.

All you have to do is go to an import tuner show to figure out how correct this man is.