OMG MASERATI CASH FOR CLUNKERS GOD NO

thorne

So our wonderful gooberment is just going to crush all these cars???? WTF? why not put them in a scrap yard so people like my self can get parts off them? I swear we're all fucking doomed with this POS government we got.

let me step off my soap box

Was it just me our did the sales guy look like Drew in Office Space that said "I'm going to give her my "O" face..." http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1691391232/nm0686008

So our wonderful gooberment is just going to crush all these cars???? WTF? why not put them in a scrap yard so people like my self can get parts off them?

The dealership is allowed to sell them to salvage yards for parts, but the engine still has to be "liquid glassed", so there isn't much point for a salvage yard in buying C4C cars.

BTW, did anyone read the article in the Dispatch today? Car sales up, other retail down, way down. Not to mention donations to charity took another hit even past what they lost when that deduction got fucked away.

It's a piece, if you guys feel so bad why didn't you buy it lol the only reason it's anything now is because it's getting crushed. He said it was for sale for months and he got out of it what he was asking. Back in the era when Maserati was building cars for Chrysler, badged as a Maserati with a Turbo Chrysler motor, called the TC or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TC

Chrysler made them in 90 and I believe 91. It was a Lebaron with different headlights an optional hardtop convertible and some nice leather seats. You could also get a 3.0L V6 or the turbo 4cyl. I worked for Chrysler Plymouth East when I was 18 and sold a brand new one to a lady from Ky. She was all excited that she was buying a Maserati.. lol

There are quite a few out there running on SBCs, 5.0s, and other 80s/90s V8s and transmissions. Not to mention different fuel lines, brake lines, fuel pumps, basically every line or module that carried any kid of flammable liquid...they had a horrific tendency to burst into flames at the slightest provocation...