5th Gen T/A

Patrick

Guest tbutera2112
Okay bad example.. but if they stopped producing sti's, only made wrx's, and somebody fucked with the body and slapped an sti sticker on one, would it be an sti? No, because they don't exist.. it's never rolled off the factory floor. There's no such thing as a 5g t/a, this guy is hacking together some bullshit and calling it something that doesn't exist.

no because again...not the same car...when in production they were not the same

camaro and ta were the same car ...same chassis, suspension, drivetrain...same car...so for a company to make a conversion kit to make one look like the other, is nowhere near as far fetched at a gtr 240sx.... nobody makes a big deal when gto people put monaro front ends on their cars...does it make them a monaro? fuck no it doesnt...but its the same damn car so what does it matter? see my point? camaro and ta are the same car...its not like putting a wrx scoop on a civic and calling it an sti...

***you ninja edited me right before i hit quote.... he is simply making a kit to make a camaro look like a t/a...whats the big deal? theyre the same car anyways....there is no american monaro made, so i guess all the goats that were converted are just hacked together bullshit right?

Guest tbutera2112
That's different. Nevermind.. you don't understand. There's no such thing as a 5g t/a. The registration will always say camaro.

and the registration on a converted goat will say holden monaro? no it wont

Guest tbutera2112
Technically, GM didn't make the 4th gen TA's either so this entire thread should have ended with SpaceGhost's reply. ASC did the conversions on the 4th gen TA's so they are not a GM car either.

The Mean Brian....i guess this ^ means your car is some hacked together bullshit too

I heart ASC...

"If you’re concerned at all with the quality of ASC’s work when considering one of their customized T/As, factor in that they’re the people behind two OEM convertible offerings, the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder and Toyota Camry Solara Convertible. They’re also responsible for other OEM mods, including Chevy’s SSR, GMC’s Syclone/Typhoon and the now very collectible Buick GNX. Yes, you’ve got to be pretty good to get manufacturer work, especially when those carmakers put their own names on the revisions without ASC’s anywhere in sight"

If ASC were doing the 5th gen I would be behind it 100%.. considering its another company I'll have to wait and see. Since GM is giving them their own vins they sound like they could be pretty good.

Pop quiz.. what does the 2002 WS6 have that the 2002 SS does not?

My car didn't start out as a Camaro from the factory that got sent to some bondo shop.

No, but it started out as the same bare ass F-body shell that the Camaro is built on but with some different fenders and a hood slapped onto it.

I love when the TA guys get all "elite" with their cars. :rolleyes: They are the same marlboro smokin mullet machine the camaro is, the wrapper on the package doesn't change that.

No, but it started out as the same bare ass F-body shell that the Camaro is built on but with some different fenders and a hood slapped onto it.

I love when the TA guys get all "elite" with their cars. :rolleyes: They are the same marlboro smokin mullet machine the camaro is, the wrapper on the package doesn't change that.

5 extra horsepower buddy.. our malboro's have more nicotine than yours

Ah yes, but the 43k Taurus is sexy... :nono:

Wah wah wah let me follow you around the forum and bring up something completely unrelated to this thread from two days ago wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh