Reed44

isnt there also an asteroid or something of that nature also predicted to come the closest to earth than an object has come other than the ones that already hit? I remember reading that it will happen around the same time as the whole Mayan calender thing.

isnt there also an asteroid or something of that nature also predicted to come the closest to earth than an object has come other than the ones that already hit? I remember reading that it will happen around the same time as the whole Mayan calender thing.

you mean this.

http://ddig.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/asteroid-toutatis-approaches-earth-on-december-12-2012/

yeah it willbe just over 4 million miles from Earth.

There was an episode of Penn & Teller about this.. it's all bullshit.

This

And I believe there was never a Mayan prediction that the world would end on that date.

Even if they did predict the demise of the world in 2012, their civilization was wiped out centuries ago. Fucking white man.

Speaking of Mayans, anybody watch the movie Apocalypto? Fucking weird.

Dude, "Apocalypto" had as much to do with ACTUAL Mayan history as "2 Fast 2 Furious" had to do with the history of NASCAR.

And the Mayan calendar doesn't END in 2012; it RESETS and starts through again, like the Norse calendar and any number of other dating systems.

Well, their's was more accurate than ours. What the fuck is wrong with us? lol

Yeah their calendar was fuckin sweet. Too bad everything else about their culture sucked ass, that's why their all dead. But +1 for tracking the days.