WHY VERIZON WIRELESS IS WORTHLESS

87GT

Boy I sure can not wait until my contract is up. I will not renew. Let me tell you how 1 thing snow balled into pure hate for the company.

GPS is in my blackberry along with every other blackberry device on the planet. It comes from RIM that way. Verizon is very stingy and they say "oh you can only use the gps for blackberry maps and/or the VZW navigator program which happens to cost $10 a month. If you have VZW navigator then any other 3rd party program can use the GPS". This is utter bullshit. I don't need to pay $10 to use a GPS chip. My phone came with it for free.

SO what do I have to do to use my 3rd party programs? I buy an external GPS bluetooth device. For the most part this works ok but the thing is pretty large for what it is worth. I don't feel I should carry my phone plus this other device just to use GPS. On top of that the sync time takes at least 60 seconds if there is not one cloud in the sky. That doesn't sound that bad but on a cloudy day it takes 2-3 minutes this with me being outside not inside anything.

People say to me "you don't need GPS". While that is true I still feel I shouldn't be charged to use something that my phone was built with. That is like saying "here is your new car. it has a sunroof installed for free from the factory but if you want to open it we will charge you $10 a month."

The reasons why I like to use GPS first would be for GPS navigation. Now I don't use this often but if I am driving a long distance to visit someone I like to have it running. I already know where I am going I just like to see how many miles are left. And why not my phone came with the ability. Also I sometimes do geocaching. I have a free program on my phone for that as well. Input lat and long coordinates and I get a nice looking compass that always points toward where I want to go. Also tells me how many feet are left to get there. Pretty neat if you ask me.

But the program that I use the most happens to be the car location program. Ever go to a large parking lot like the mall or maybe the zoo and have to walk 10 minutes just to get in the building? Yeah that happens a lot. Usually I take a picture of the area where my car is or text myself with notes so I don't forget. Well how about having a program that you can tag your GPS location and forget about where you parked? Then when you leave you ask your phone to locate your car and guess what you get? You get an arrow pointing to your car and the feet away you are. Very helpful when it is 100F outside and you have been walking all day and just want to get in your car and turn on the A/C.

The iphone probably already has these apps but you have to pay for them. Guess what the blackberry has them for free. NO CHARGE at all if you know where to look. Seriously next year I am getting sprint they don't charge you to use the GPS if you get the unlimited plan. Plus they have their own navigator program that is free no extra $10 a month charge.

Fuck verizon

Oh and don't tell me to call them and complain because I have done that before. Nothing comes of it other then them telling me they can give me the VZW Navigator free for a month. I did that and after the month was up I deleted it off my phone to cancel it as they said I should. They charged me for it after this. I call to complain and they remove the bill. Guess what happens on my wife's line. THE SAME DAMN CHARGE AGAIN. Worthless company.

Uhh, I'm sure you can haxor your phone and make it better.

Works for me.

Please tell me where to hexedit the phone to turn on GPS. I did this to my razor to allow me to use bluetooth sync to my computer plus install whatever I wanted ringtone wise. I haven't seen anywhere where this can be done to a bb curve 8330. Please share if you have a link.

Please tell me where to hexedit the phone to turn on GPS. I did this to my razor to allow me to use bluetooth sync to my computer plus install whatever I wanted ringtone wise. I haven't seen anywhere where this can be done to a bb curve 8330. Please share if you have a link.

Thought the 8330 was unlocked by VZW like last year with 4.5.

Nevermind just read.. next time do more research before buying a phone. My GPS is unlocked and working great.

I called Verizon 800 number and talked to a few reps in the store and they told me GPS was unlocked. This was before I bought the phone. After I bought it then everyone's story changed. Please explain this to me.

Thought the 8330 was unlocked by VZW like last year with 4.5.

I think everything is unlocked but the GPS chip. I have a shit load of 3rd party programs I installed myself. That part seems unlocked.

I called Verizon 800 number and talked to a few reps in the store and they told me GPS was unlocked. This was before I bought the phone. After I bought it then everyone's story changed. Please explain this to me.

"YOU" do research. Dont trust customer service man!!!!! Especially sales.. those fuckers are on commission.

To them an unlocked phone is one that can be used to navigate without entering a password

yea i also am right up there with the hating, i have been trying to get out of my contract. I just dislike verizon and their crappy locked up phones that you cant do anything with. Sure i steal the internets so i can tether it to the car pc and use it as a modem but everyone does that.

I have gone as far as photoshoping a letter from a apartment complex out of their service area and claim i am moving there and getting a prepaid cell phone and getting that number and making a recording saying that its the apartment place so if they call for verification it all matches haha. I just need to figure out where to send it now

yea i also am right up there with the hating, i have been trying to get out of my contract. I just dislike verizon and their crappy locked up phones that you cant do anything with. Sure i steal the internets so i can tether it to the car pc and use it as a modem but everyone does that.

I have gone as far as photoshoping a letter from a apartment complex out of their service area and claim i am moving there and getting a prepaid cell phone and getting that number and making a recording saying that its the apartment place so if they call for verification it all matches haha. I just need to figure out where to send it now

PM me if this works

I wanted out of my T-mobile contract.

Made a complaint to the BBB, FTC, and FCC with the specific ask to be let out my contract. Got a call 3 days later and they said terms of the contract were dropped and I could port the number anywhere I wanted.

Had to call t-mobile later (I think about the port) and mention the dropping of terms was a comment in my record ... smooth sailing at that point.

ATT is meh ... 3gs floats my boat

Theres your problem. Now hurry up and go hop on crackberry.com and get your question answered by the pros!

(Im running a 5.0 - 4.7.0.168 hybrid on my storm and my gps is unlocked )

This thread is about Curve 8830s not Storms. Storms and newer BBs already have unlocked GPS on Verizon's network. And don't go around telling people to upgrade to a hybrid firmware. Sometimes blackberry desktop won't read your BB if it is using an invalid firmware.

If anyone else here can explain how to hack the phone to unlock it let me know.

verizon's 8330's GPS works fine with Yahoo Go! BTW

Yes but it is truly using the GPS and mapping you within 3 meters? If not and it is like google maps app then it does it by phone triangulation. Google maps shows me within 1200-1500 meters, and that is not GPS contrary to popular belief. Using my external GPS google maps shows me within 3 meters.

But another thing that pisses me off I have to use another GPS tracking program just to get the external GPS to talk to my phone. Seriously I have to jump through flaming hoops to get this shit to work.

I just of just veto my wife's request to also get a blackberry. I couldn't afford 2 storms at the time. I should of bought 1 and bought her a cheaper non blackberry phone. Would of saved me the headache since I REALLY wanted a storm before I bought this curve.

Personally, I find it appalling that one is forced to "hack" their phone to make anything work. I like my Tilt through ATT because it came with all the stuff HTC designed into it, no hacking needed to make it work. My days of hacking phones are over - I just want the thing to work.

The iphone probably already has these apps but you have to pay for them. Guess what the blackberry has them for free. NO CHARGE at all if you know where to look. Seriously next year I am getting sprint they don't charge you to use the GPS if you get the unlimited plan. Plus they have their own navigator program that is free no extra $10 a month charge.

Actually, iPhone GPS doesn't cost a dime, and comes with the phone. Its super accurate too, depending on where you are. The Official Geocaching.com App is accurate to within a foot in some places.

This thread is about Curve 8830s not Storms. Storms and newer BBs already have unlocked GPS on Verizon's network. And don't go around telling people to upgrade to a hybrid firmware. Sometimes blackberry desktop won't read your BB if it is using an invalid firmware.

If anyone else here can explain how to hack the phone to unlock it let me know.

First of all i said go to crackberry.com

Second, i didn't tell him to do anything, i was simply stating that mine was unlocked and i was using such n such. There are official non-ota releases on crackberry.com , and i have YET to encounter a problem with the BB Desktop Manager and ive been using hybrid software since dec 08 when i got the phone.