Piss testing for welfare

Science Abuse

If you're worried about unfairness between the scenarios, maybe they should try random BAC tests/ however you test for smokers (lung scan or something?) on future candidates.

But since those activities are legal, that constitutes discrimination.

A limited card for welfare payment is a good idea... is it possible?

Regardless, they'll jsut end up bartering for their fix: they're addicts, they'll find a way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people trade food stamps for cash all the time, so having a debit card system will only be a minor inconvenience to these people.

Actually there are no more food stamps, they pay out like a debit card now. Or at least they did years ago when I was living at home. I had to pay my moms drung man in cash/ food stamps before. It shouldn't be curency or a way to enable people. Wailfair should be there to assist you. If you need help, you should get help. But if you can't get off your ass and help your self its not the government/ tax payers job to support your sorry ass. i think it's a good tool, but like anything else it has to be used properly.

Welfare system would be fine if you forced people to volunteer their time somewhere. You must input at least 10 hours a week at the red cross before we pay you. Also drug test will be given on time of payment. Cheapest test would be a mouth swab which will test back at least 24 hours. Test for ONLY ILLEGAL drugs. Random tests on top of this are a waste of time and tax payer money. If you fail the drug test you don't get money. Simple as that try again next month druggie.

Honestly I don't care what drugs you consume if you are working/volunteering and it does not interfere with your job. As long as you are not intoxicated or high when working who the fuck cares what you do in your free time?

Why bother with weed, only coke/crack? How about alcohol tests? I would be willing to bet booze plays a bigger role than drugs.

I don't agree. If I were to get hammered Friday night, and the day following was called in for some mandatory rubbish on Saturday, no big deal. I would drink some coffee, do some jumping jacks, shower, and show up at work right as rain. Now if I were to smoke a nice fat bowl of crack and snort drag strip of coke, IF I managed to get past the phone conversation without asking "Satan, why do you wants me to work on my day off?", I would probably get into a fight for my life against those evil lawn gnomes and concrete geese I see on my drive to work.

You can't compare two different inhibitors considering one is a depressant/sedative and the other makes you trip your balls off. This makes me think you haven't drank, maybe you have, but you certainly have not done crack. I've seen crack heads; I've seen coke heads, totally different playing fields, they’re nuts.

I don't agree. If I were to get hammered Friday night, and the day following was called in for some mandatory rubbish on Saturday, no big deal. I would drink some coffee, do some jumping jacks, shower, and show up at work right as rain. Now if I were to smoke a nice fat bowl of crack and snort drag strip of coke, IF I managed to get past the phone conversation without asking "Satan, why do you wants me to work on my day off?", I would probably get into a fight for my life against those evil lawn gnomes and concrete geese I see on my drive to work.

You can't compare two different inhibitors considering one is a depressant/sedative and the other makes you trip your balls off. This makes me think you haven't drank, maybe you have, but you certainly have not done crack. I've seen crack heads; I've seen coke heads, totally different playing fields, they’re nuts.

Not quite true... there are functioning coke heads. I might happen to know a few. Let me ask you something, have you even been under the influence of it? How would you know what happens?

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2009/08/17/daily18.html?surround=lfn

I can't help but think such strong numbers are influenced by the lower class, and an increase in welfare recipients. I agree with drug testing for welfare recipients.

I actually heard something about this on the radio earlier today, and granted this was from someone who works at the state liquor agency so take it with a grain of salt. But they said their uptick in $$$ wasn't from increased liquor volume but from an increase in price and people having a tendency to buy more expensive liquors. And we are a far cry from the height of liquor (in volume) sold in the 80's.

I agree with random drug testing as long as it wont cost more to do it than what we are already paying out.

My opinion...

Anyone that receives any type of aid must volunteer or work an appointed job for the city to to make up for every dime they are getting. If you really need that check you wont mind picking up trash on the side of the freeway a few days a week.

That's what they do,If no one in a house hold works then one or 2 people depending on the amount giving each month then that person has to work for the welfare in order to get a check each month

The 4th Amendment argument is bull shit. While I am in total support of the Constitution, I can not support the courts decision. Yes search and seizure without a warrant is a Right, however, getting free money from the .gov is not. It should be in order to partake in welfare you must be willing to agree to certain terms, one of which being random drug testing.

Since welfare isn't a Right, those terms can be anything. If you want to hold stead fast to your 4th Amendment Right, then go ahead, the .gov doesn't need to shit for you. But, if you decide you need to mooch off of society, then suck it up and go with the terms of agreement.

I don't see how searching for booze, nicotine, illegal drugs, etc. can be against the constitution, since they don't HAVE to take Welfare.

Welfare needs to be heavily restricted and monitored. Anyone on it for more than 6 months should be REQUIRED to have surgery to get them fixed. Welfare people have nothing better to do than make babies, and continue the cycle. We need to do what we can to prevent these people from breeding. THAT is an investment in America's future.

Welfare needs to be heavily restricted and monitored. Anyone on it for more than 6 months should be REQUIRED to have surgery to get them fixed. Welfare people have nothing better to do than make babies, and continue the cycle.

every time i say this some where in a debate someone always gets butt hurt over the comment

every time i say this some where in a debate someone always gets butt hurt over the comment

But it's true.. I see people park in the handicap spaces and get out a hop and run when it's raining. I also know acouple corner stores that will let you buys booze and cigs on foodies....

lol everytime we are at walmart and someone in line has 3 carts at begining of month full of steaks and have much nicer clothes on than the gf an i fling that welfare card out i always make some comment so its herd.....we once had a girl in front of us over draw card by $120 so they told them to put back stuff, they sat out all the meat. they left and cashier told us they had to throw it all away cause it had been out of freezer, that shit pisses me off

Not quite true... there are functioning coke heads. I might happen to know a few. Let me ask you something, have you even been under the influence of it? How would you know what happens?

I was speaking more for the crack, not so much the coke. Coke is an upper, a social drug, if anything it makes you more able to function until a come down begins. Anyway, my facetious joke was about crack heads, everyone knows they're fucking crazy.

Agreed as well. But when they do go to jail, they get the cable TV, 3 meals a day, roof over their head, AC in the summer, heat in the winter, and free medical care.

Don't Drug test, get rid of welfare in General. Welfare cause people to become leechs.

What if I loose my Job you say? Thats what family and friends are for. To help you get back on your feet. That is the way it should be.

Are you an idiot? Family and friends? You ARE aware that some people dont have family, or have a family that doesnt have the capacity to "help out," right?

Don't you smoke and drink? Better hope you don't end up unemployed, cuz we won't wanna cover your habbits. ;)

Yes, I enjoy the alcohol (be it a beer, wine, or some Titos and cranberry) and the a good cigar. That is part of my motivation to excell at my job and make sure I dont become unemployed, rather than do the minumum to keep a job, and run the risk of becoming unemployed.

Also, If I where to become unemplyed, i wouldnt expect anyone to support my habbits. If I am broke, I can go without the finer things in life. :p

In the mean time, I still stand that if you are on welfare, you should be subject to random screenings.

The 4th Amendment argument is bull shit. While I am in total support of the Constitution, I can not support the courts decision. Yes search and seizure without a warrant is a Right, however, getting free money from the .gov is not. It should be in order to partake in welfare you must be willing to agree to certain terms, one of which being random drug testing.

Since welfare isn't a Right, those terms can be anything. If you want to hold stead fast to your 4th Amendment Right, then go ahead, the .gov doesn't need to shit for you. But, if you decide you need to mooch off of society, then suck it up and go with the terms of agreement.

+1

Welfare is not only NOT a right, you are not REQUIRED to participate. If you CHOOSE to participate, then you must comply with the rules of the program. Those program rules should include drug testing for illegal drugs, minimum amount of volunteer service each week and monthly visits to a counselor to help you with your job search. If you don't want to do these things, then don't participate in the program.

I could agree with drug testing for welfare, but it also could increase the crime rate slowly b/c these drugies have to rob/steal to get food/money now. Common sense would tell you just to quit doing drugs, but these sort of people don't have that common sense.

Common sense has nothing to do with drug addiction. An addiction to drugs isn't something just one day you say this is dumb I’ll stop using now. It is a ton of things that cause addiction including emotional, psychological and physical issues. It just as easy to stop being a diabetic as it is a drug addict.

I think it should have a time limit and limit on the amount of children. you qualify for welfare great, you have 1yr to get job and the welfare ends. You already have 3 kids? thats all you get, better wrap up! We just need stricter restrictions, people know how to work the system.

Completely agree. Nothing angers me more than seeing people on welfare or already struggling, prego or talking about having another kid. I just want to smack them because it is going to be a tough road for the kid, nto to mention the example set by the parents in the early part of the kid's life. As bad as this sounds, I think people should have have to go through a process of checks in order to even have a kid. To many people spitting them out, not anywhere ready to take care of them financially or mentally.